Leonels fires the corrupts and the Hippo picks them up.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Santo Domingo.- Just one day after getting the endorsement of the senator, who?s been linked to several scandals of corruption in public office, opposition PRD party presidential candidate Hip?lito Mej?a on Wednesday also received the support of two other senior leaders of that organization, both recently fired.

H?ctor Rodriguez Pimentel, accused of being ?pathologically corrupt? by Anticorruption Department director Otoniel Bonilla and fired by president Leonel Fernandez from the post as head of the Agrarian Reform Agency in December, formalized his support for Mej?a, in a rally with dozens of members of the ex official?s movement called Balaguer Current.

Also supporting the PRD candidacy is Angel Lockward, linked to the scandal of cooking gas subsidies during Mejia?s Presidency (2000-2004), and recently to the purchase of buses in Colombia, where he was fired as Ambassador.

Rodriguez and Lockward become the most recent senior politicos linked to scandals to support Mej?a?s bid, after Altagracia province senator Amable Aristy announced his endorsement on Tuesday.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You been listening to Pichardo too much!
What about "Leonels" two top men losing their US visas for drug connections???
Believe me,there is no shortage of corruption in any DR political party.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

image_thumb[2].png

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I don't need to listen to Pichardo to see which Party has been more beneficial to the country.
But you can keep your Hippos. I stay with the "Leonels"

Jan 22, 2010
and what about the account of Magarita Fernandez with 43 million of Euros in Denmark...you can imagine how much Leonel has on his accounts overseas....plus the fact that Fernandez bought 100 radio stations just to talk good in favor of him...

the faster the PLD goes the better for this island

T.E.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
"......and the Hippo picks them up."

why are you suggesting that hipolito is to blame if these "senior leaders" now choose to support the PRD?

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
I don't need to listen to Pichardo to see which Party has been more beneficial to the country.
But you can keep your Hippos. I stay with the "Leonels"

As they say in Brazil, MESMA COISA! They're all crooks, don't pick sides!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You mean the 2 executives who made a trip to Miami the day after their Visa's were "revoked"?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
You mean the 2 executives who made a trip to Miami the day after their Visa's were "revoked"?

I think he's referring to the other two that missed the flight to Miami in rebuke...

But the same ones that just took a connecting flight via the US territory of PR to an European country last week!

What coincidence!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
What will it take to get a substantial proportion of voters to vote for a third option?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
What will it take to get a substantial proportion of voters to vote for a third option?

Somebody that's actually known and 100% trusted to be incorruptible?

I said it once and will say it again:

A ticket of Juan Luis Guerra and Senator Wilton Guerrero for VP would be a sealed and delivered election win for any third party in the DR.

The thing is that not so many honest people are willing to link themselves to the corrupted rank and file of the present popular parties in play today.

The keys are HONESTY and POPULAR.

Wilton is proven by fire on the trenches. Juan Luis by fire from inside.

What do you say we start an unsolicited campaign for the both in the NET and DR media with all our resources?

Who knows! We may even move them to heed the calls from the Dominican people and their pains?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Isn't what that Toy Jarto and Vota por Ninguno tried to do? Didn't get very far - although a good number of people seem to agree with the sentiment most end up voting for the two main parties.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Isn't what that Toy Jarto and Vota por Ninguno tried to do? Didn't get very far - although a good number of people seem to agree with the sentiment most end up voting for the two main parties.

saw the "bipolitica" video on the telly the other day ......isn't that trying to stir up the same sentiment?
didn't hear any comments from the same channel (switched over during the adverts).
makes an interesting political video anyway.
videos are blocked at my work place, but believe this is the site: Bipol?tica

not sure about juan luis guerra......after four years, we'd all end up in one huge religious cult of some sort.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I don't understand why Danilo Medina demises Leonel Fernandez Governments promising people to change what is bad and naming one by one things that should be already done in three periods of his political party....

Who is in office? same people.

JJ

lucas08

Sep 6, 2005
Both PLD AND PRD are bad and corrupt but this may 20 im going to vote for PRD not because they are any better but I dont think giving another 4 years to PLD after 8 years in power gonna motivate them to do better. That will only make them think they are doing good. If is the same case happens with PRD i would vote for PLD.

Show them if you dont do a good job you dont get another 4 years no matter what.

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009

People vote for them for botellas, yipetas, tin roofs and salamis.
Not only the politicians are corrupt, the society as a whole is. Dominicans complain about corrupt politicians but at the same time expect them to distribute the spoils of victory and.look the other way when bribed. So before we can think of any incorruptible dream.team running for president, dominican society.needs to take a long hard look at itself.