Things to do/things to see

buchua

Sep 29, 2010
Well my husband and i are gonna go to Santiago for 2 days, and we want to be able to go out and walk and see things, Free things would be better, but things that cost are okay too :)

Also, what are some nice restaurants in santiago?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Here's a link to a page that has the schedule of various activities around town including the museum Frank mentioned:

Centro Le?n - Agenda Cultural de Santiago
http://www.centroleon.org.do/esp/Images/Actividadaes.gif

March is theatre month in Santiago and there will be activites all over town including at the Gran Teatro de Cibao. I believe there is a concert every Tuesday at the Gran Teatro de Cibao. Also, the Centro Leon Museum gets packed for on a monthly basis for events.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a Conversation of the Music in Saman? tonight at Centro Leon...tapes made by Fradique Lizardo in the 70s and tapes made in 2000....should be interesting.

There is the area around Parque Duarte, the Mercado Modelo, the Museo Folklorico on Restauraci?n, 37 en las Tablas is a hang out for artists and artisans...(just off of Parque Duarte)

( On another plane: Do you know what "Buch?a" really means to Dominicans? It means Big Boobs! or "Chesty" Just so you know!!!!!! :O)

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There is a Conversation of the Music in Saman? tonight at Centro Leon...tapes made by Fradique Lizardo in the 70s and tapes made in 2000....should be interesting.

There is the area around Parque Duarte, the Mercado Modelo, the Museo Folklorico on Restauraci?n, 37 en las Tablas is a hang out for artists and artisans...(just off of Parque Duarte)

( On another plane: Do you know what "Buch?a" really means to Dominicans? It means Big Boobs! or "Chesty" Just so you know!!!!!! :O)

HB

I've heard babies with big cheeks called buchua here, from "buche".