Ships Chandler in Puerto Plata area?

Jane Emily

Mar 18, 2012
Can anyone tell me if there is a ships chandler in Puerto Plata. I need a few things for my boat and can't believe that a port town won't have one.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Jane,
There is one by the Cargo Port entrance of Puerto Plata port. Come up the road from the Malacon turn right at the little train, then left again under the concrete pylon round the back of the port. Follow the port fence and it is on you left as you approach the port entrance. Dont know the name.

Olly

Jane Emily

Mar 18, 2012
Thanks. I will send Ken a message.

Need a few things including anchor and some liquid to fix the gel coating.

Jane Emily

Mar 18, 2012
Jane,
There is one by the Cargo Port entrance of Puerto Plata port. Come up the road from the Malacon turn right at the little train, then left again under the concrete pylon round the back of the port. Follow the port fence and it is on you left as you approach the port entrance. Dont know the name.

Olly

Thanks Olly I will try there.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Jane ,
It is called Repuestos Maritimos Gomez
Tel no 809 587 4728 . They have Danforth Anchors in stock.
The building is pale green with a large red sliding gate. They were open pm today.
I hope you find what you want!
Olly

Oct 11, 2010
Can anyone tell me if there is a ships chandler in Puerto Plata. I need a few things for my boat and can't believe that a port town won't have one.

When it comes to finding basic boating necessities, Puerto Plata is as much of a "port town" as Topeka, Kansas. The place that "Olly" mentioned is your best bet, but they don't have much. 90% of what I buy here on the island for my boat I get in Santo Domingo, but in reality 90% of what I actually need comes from NY or Miami.

If you still don't have any luck, depending upon how long you are in port, be a little more specific on what you need, i.e. size & type of anchor, and what type of "liquid" you need to repair your gel coat and maybe we can help you get what you need. I normally keep my boat in Sosua, but it is in Maimon now.

Good Luck.