Apostiled now what?

AtomicPhil

Feb 6, 2012
A, A
Hi i got my birth certificate apostatized already, i am now in dominican republic, i have my birth certificate and apostiled, what is the next step to get my residency? i got my mom old birth certificate and passport as her cedula. where should i go and do im in salcedo..

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Do you have a lawyer? Although it is quite an expense, it'll save you a lot of driving around and hair-pulling...

AtomicPhil

Feb 6, 2012
A, A
nope no lawyer.. i dont mind driving around either i need to know the area abit more. all i know is salcedo and the route to santiago airport :) and moca.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Then I'm assuming you speak spanish (I don't recall any staff at Migraci?n speaking english) and know a lawyer so he/she can legalize documents for you. Do a search on this board and you should find a thread on what the current requirements are or Lic. Guzman can maybe assist you with a list of what is required.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Then I'm assuming you speak spanish (I don't recall any staff at Migraci?n speaking english) and know a lawyer so he/she can legalize documents for you. Do a search on this board and you should find a thread on what the current requirements are or Lic. Guzman can maybe assist you with a list of what is required.

I don't know about the counter staff but in the medical office where they do blood sample, questionaire, and urine sample the doctor I saw spoke English as well as did one of the guys working there.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I don't know about the counter staff but in the medical office where they do blood sample, questionaire, and urine sample the doctor I saw spoke English as well as did one of the guys working there.

Wow, I'm impressed. Last time I was back there was about 3 years ago and no one spoke a word of english.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think the process is a lot more involved than just showing up with those three documents. In addition this process now take 6-9 months of waiting to complete.

LTS

Feb 7, 2007
You will need a guarantor and notarized guarantee letter. Also police report from your home country. Apostilled. All LEGALLY translated into Spanish (in your country, and apostilled, or in the DR by legal authorized translator). Plus Police report from the DR.