Ride on lawn mower

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
Can anyone recommend a supplier for ride on lawn mowers? When we last looked, about 4 years ago, both Hache and Ochoa in Santiago supplied them. I have been told that Hache no longer stocks ride on mowers.

When we last didn't buy one the cost was in the region of RD$80,000 does anyone know the current cost? Do you have recommendations of brands to look for or avoid?

Thank you.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
The only brand of ride on mower i would ever buy is a John Deere but that would probably cost more than a decent used car in the DR. Wouldn't a Haitian with a machete be cheaper in the long run?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I know initially this will sound like a joke, but I have 1969 John Deere riding lawn mower that i've been using for traveling extensively around this island since 1980.

What i have is a 1969 John Deere custom lawn tractor model 110. The color is red and white, but the white motor was only included on the 1969 model and discontinued in 1970 due to oil staining. It has the hydraulic lift with variable speed, with an 8hp Kohler that surprisingly runs strong but smokes a little when first started. The mower runs excellent and still mows. The tractors s/n is 137307m Type TO647.

I've used it for years around Bonao and Cibao valley and have traveled extensively on it. i just finished writing a book about it. It should be out on Amazon.com next month. Unfortunately, i can't part with it because my uncle and father bought it decades ago (early 70's) and its been part of my family since then.

Yeah... i would go with a John Deere if i was you.

Frank

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I know initially this will sound like a joke, but I have 1969 John Deere riding lawn mower that i've been using for traveling extensively around this island since 1980.

You have cried wolf 400/415 posts, do you actually think we take anything you post seriously, don't get me wrong, you are quite entertaining, but you should be the CLOWN BIN moderator!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We bought our 19.5hp Poulan ride mower (42 in deck) in Price mart in Santiago. I cannot remember the price but it was actually $100 or so LESS then what the same mower was selling for in the US>

Bob K

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

What i have is a 1969 John Deere custom lawn tractor model 110. The color is red and white, but the white motor was only included on the 1969 model and discontinued in 1970 due to oil staining. It has the hydraulic lift with variable speed, with an 8hp Kohler that surprisingly runs strong but smokes a little when first started. The mower runs excellent and still mows. The tractors s/n is 137307m Type TO647.

I've used it for years around Bonao and Cibao valley and have traveled extensively on it. i just finished writing a book about it. It should be out on Amazon.com next month. Unfortunately, i can't part with it because my uncle and father bought it decades ago (early 70's) and its been part of my family since then.

Yeah... i would go with a John Deere if i was you.

Frank
Hot Rod Frank:

[video=youtube;E2BsQL_0b44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2BsQL_0b44[/video]

:cheeky: