Moving to the DR

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
As soon as our house sells we are planning to move to the DR. We have a house to rent already in Rio San Juan till we decide where to go from there. We have a few questions about moving & need some direction. We understand it is better to leave most stuff behind but there are several things we would like to bring over. I am a contractor & want to bring my tools etc. Any ideas?

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks for that bit of advice. How would you suggest I get things over there like tools & small household goods.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

The easiest way is to put things in an additional suitcase and bring it with or you can contact a freight company to ship heavier things to the DR. Is there any reason you chose Rio San Juan as the place to live? Do you have friends or family nearby? When you get down here take a ride to the Samana Peninsula and Las Terrenas. I think you will like it quite a bit. There is a large European and ex-pat population here

LTS

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks. We are renting a house from someone we know here in Canada & she has family that will help us in any way we need once we get down there. We are open to looking anywhere along the northcoast.