American Eagle to cease all SJU-DR routes in March 2013

edm7583

May 29, 2007
In fact, American Eagle is ceasing operations in San Juan altogether, ending all service to neighboring Caribbean islands

The affected routes for the Dominican Republic are

SDQ-SJU 4 times a day
PUJ-SJU 2 times a day
STI-SJU once a day
LRM-SJU twice a week

POP-SJU has already been gone for a while.

Here's a huge opportunity for JetBlue to move in. Up until a few years ago, AA enjoyed a total monopoly on flights between the DR and Puerto Rico. Then JetBlue started SDQ-SJU, once a day, and it was so popular and at such a better price it went to twice a day then three now four times a day. Now American Eagle is pulling out altogether. There's a brand new terminal at SJU airport that will be exclusively for JetBlue to create their hub in the Caribbean. Hoping for JetBlue to pick up PUJ-SJU to make for easy connections to and from Florida.

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
In fact, American Eagle is ceasing operations in San Juan altogether, ending all service to neighboring Caribbean islands

The affected routes for the Dominican Republic are

SDQ-SJU 4 times a day
PUJ-SJU 2 times a day
STI-SJU once a day
LRM-SJU twice a week

POP-SJU has already been gone for a while.

Here's a huge opportunity for JetBlue to move in. Up until a few years ago, AA enjoyed a total monopoly on flights between the DR and Puerto Rico. Then JetBlue started SDQ-SJU, once a day, and it was so popular and at such a better price it went to twice a day then three now four times a day. Now American Eagle is pulling out altogether. There's a brand new terminal at SJU airport that will be exclusively for JetBlue to create their hub in the Caribbean. Hoping for JetBlue to pick up PUJ-SJU to make for easy connections to and from Florida.

I saw this coming. American Eagle was killing everyone with their prices. This is the route I use to normally to take to go to the DR. From British Virgin Islands-San Juan-DR. American charges close to $600 for that flight. Now I just go the neighbouring St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands and catch JetBlue from there to San Juan then over to the DR for a whopping $272.80