Police Get Pay Raise

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
And this is why corruption is rampant...

They do even dare to publish the salaries of the normal police officer...

BelgianK

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I guess the amount of the bribe would go down 10% now, good news.:squareeye

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
One thing is the "official" salaries and the other is their income.
Nobody can or would dare to do an up close and personal check on these guys. They have property, farms, employees and assets that you would not believe. However, they are the "Untouchables" of the DR...

I knew of one that had been the Intendent of the National Police twice (it is a post that is only given for 6 months,and usually just once in a career). A good friend was engaged to his daughter...he counted 4 Mercedes in the marquesina. And this was over 25 years ago!!

There are salaries and there is income...did I say that???

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I would work for free range of Sargent or up.

JJ

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
One of the biggest lies the populists foist on the hoi polloi is that police and teachers are paid to little.
They're paid too much in too many ways, which recruits 'palas' and 'primos' which form cliques of 'botellas'.

A remuneration sweet spot exists which will recruit only cops that want to police and teachers who want to teach.
Every society, perhaps each community, may have a different chop level to get there.
Public officials have the job of finding that level and recruiting the best. But look at the public officials.

Don't chant the demoqogues' trope that they're crooked because they're paid too little.
BS! They're crooks because they're crooks. Bad people. Rejects. That we promote instead of reject.

Aleksy4

Apr 23, 2012
Salaries of a police man would increase. if more salary gave him then they done there job honestly and Full Concentration and also chance of decreasing thefts and corruption.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
I am by no means an advocate for any police department,but The DR government has forgotten about it's police force with those wages.Polanco makes less than 2000USD a month but yet he just sold a condo he owned at Anacaonda av valued at 1.2 million dollars,yes dollars,not pesos.But wait,his dad also owns one at the same complex.My uncle broke his femur and ankle on during his line of duty,yet his seating at home in Las Canitas,and the police department doesn't know whether he should be receiving his 5000 RD a month salary.His a liuetenant ,what do you think a cabo would do after witnessing this,bleed and sweat for the Policia Nacional or become corrupt like most?

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Have you guys been watching the news lately? The lieutenant from the Air Force that got killed and the sargento trying to frustrar un atraco? They were working on the side to make ends meet,they could've just observed and keep driving,but they didn't and that's why one of them is not here.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It would not matter what salary was given, they would abuse the power and look for more, it is the nature of these people to take what they deserve and then keep on taking what they can.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
It would not matter what salary was given, they would abuse the power and look for more, it is the nature of these people to take what they deserve and then keep on taking what they can.
Even if Frank dislikes the post I agree with you! Look at the raises the senators and deputies got in the recent years, and they are still stealing!!!
Only stricter control and penalties could change this.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

I agree also an honest man is an honest man regardless of his circumstances.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011

Shame on you for saying such nonsense!!! NYC cops are one of the best paid city jobs.Do you see them taking bribes or harassing people for money? Give me 5000 RD a month and I will harass you too.When I went to San Juan,at the parador,three military guys asked me If I can spare some change,I gave them three 100 pesos each,what's that,9 bucks US? Sorry if that's is braking the bank.I always dislike cops,but you know what? I realized they are there when you need them.If you tell them there's a thief in your house,there will go in there for you and shoot it out with the guy.I guess only Haitians deserved to be treated with Humanity.Not everybody is as fortunate as you and me,that have first world income.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
You are taking about the politically connected,I'm talking about the poor cabo,sargentos y tenientes.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Shame on you for saying such nonsense!!! NYC cops are one of the best paid city jobs.Do you see them taking bribes or harassing people for money? Give me 5000 RD a month and I will harass you too.When I went to San Juan,at the parador,three military guys asked me If I can spare some change,I gave them three 100 pesos each,what's that,9 bucks US? Sorry if that's is braking the bank.I always dislike cops,but you know what? I realized they are there when you need them.If you tell them there's a thief in your house,there will go in there for you and shoot it out with the guy.I guess only Haitians deserved to be treated with Humanity.Not everybody is as fortunate as you and me,that have first world income.

Right nyc dad I understand what you are saying, but being poor and underpaid is no reason to become a dishonest man. Sure you will recieve little satisfaction in the beginning, but in the long run it will catch up to you. It always does.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
PN is not national service, there is a choice. People who join the PN join with intention, I've never met anyone who ever thought any differently. The people at the top take more than is justifiable, illegally, and the people at the bottom take directly from the general public, unjustifiably and illegally. Because Jose is poor does not entitle him to anything of mine because I have more. Where is the shame on me?

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Give,just don't give....you are not forced to,most of the time they beg for it and you could say no just like to any other beggar on the street.Sorry for coming out so strong.