Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidente Beer in the US?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Presidente Beer in the US?

I have looked around the world it seems, on the internet, at local beer and wine stores and a host of other sites. So I decided to come here and try. Does anyone know if it is possible to get access or buy or any options of obtaining El Presidente in the United States, and in particular in Mississippi? I live here now and 9 out of 1people even distributors have never heard of it. Frustration!!!! Thanks for any help. Gracias y Hasta Pronto!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Presidente for sale in Manhattan, and from what I heard it's quite common in Florida.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Poppi2 View Post
    I have looked around the world it seems, on the internet, at local beer and wine stores and a host of other sites. So I decided to come here and try. Does anyone know if it is possible to get access or buy or any options of obtaining El Presidente in the United States, and in particular in Mississippi? I live here now and 9 out of 1people even distributors have never heard of it. Frustration!!!! Thanks for any help. Gracias y Hasta Pronto!
    I have never seen it in a package store, but rather in those "specialty beer and wine" upscale places. Even in Charlotte!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Presidente in an upscale place.... now I have heard it all....

Whilst it is not a bad pilsener, it is nothing special....

BelgianK

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    Presidente in an upscale place.... now I have heard it all....

Whilst it is not a bad pilsener, it is nothing special....

BelgianK
    It's an import so you're not going to find it in the Bud Light section. I know if you're Belgian then you're probably a bit of a beer snob (rightly so as Belgium has some of the best in the world), but Presidente is somewhat similar to Pilsner Urquell and derivatives which in some circles is considered to be one of the best beers in the world. Of course if you grow up drinking ales and Saison beers you may not care that much for the Pilseners.

To the OP: Just save your cravings for when you go back to The DR...trust me when I tell you Presidente won't taste the same here in The US.

6. Likes ExtremeR, DRob, Ducadista, locientoteamo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    trust me when I tell you Presidente won't taste the same here in The US.
    Yes, I am somewhat of a beer snob, being Belgian and spoiled on beer... Presidente is actually owned by a Belgian beer company, if my info is correct...

And yes, thanks to certain FDA-laws no imported beer in the US will taste like the real stuff...

BelgianK

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In Florida its all over the place. In north Florida they have done a marketing blitz in the past few years, sponsoring events etc. Curiously they dont advertise as a dominican beer in FL, rather as a caribbean beer. The taste isnt the same, but its still good. Kind of inconsistent. Like one batch will be good, have a nice head and be fresh tasting, the next batch will be kind of skunky, like it was sitting under some counter at a colmado for a few months.

I kind of find that same thing in the DR, that presidente is inconsistent. Its my favorite beer in the world still though, outside of being in Europe.

*** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in Tampa Bay both Winn Dixie and Publix supermarkets sell Presidente. Don't bother though, as mentioned above the US requires additives in imported beer which really makes them taste bad compared to what you get in the country of origin.

*** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    Yes, I am somewhat of a beer snob, being Belgian and spoiled on beer... Presidente is actually owned by a Belgian beer company, if my info is correct...

And yes, thanks to certain FDA-laws no imported beer in the US will taste like the real stuff...

BelgianK
    Still a Dominican company. Timely though, Dominican Today (online) states that the world's two largest brewing companies are seeking to buy it--so, maybe soon it could be a Belgian co.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get it on the East coast. You can get it in the mail shipped to you... if you really want it bad.. my brother has sent it 3 times to my husband via FEDEX/UPS. If you want a store to keep it in stock in your city, Miller imports it to the US... so, they would need to talk to their Miller rep. or buyer.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast