Ambev and Heineken battling out who will end up with CND

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I heard today it was a done deal with AmBev.
I'm sure that the owners (major shareholders) will get their cash. Let's hope the shareholders that are not in the "Family" don't loose their investment.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
$2.5 billion? That is all the money in the world. I guess they will "just" stay with the bank, the paint factory (Sherman-Williams) and the digital radio...and a couple of other things...

Gee, not too shabby.

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Honestly, being realistic when Presidente put up there portfolio with their margins and profit share, who wouldn't want to buy them?

Don't get me wrong, I like it but it's just not worth it. A good example of the inflated prices is here in the DR I believe a 12 oz president costs US1.20 - 1.30 and in the States it's normally US1.00 but specials can be had a lot of the time at US0.70(in Orlando).

Add the material costs are probably similar to that of brewers in the States but that labor is a 10th here of that in the States and one can see the TREMENDOUS margins they are making.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
For both Ambev (originally Belgian), and Heineken, Presidente is a small player. I am sure their real interest lies in promoting their other brands in the DR.

This on top of wanting to be the biggest in the world.

I hope Ambev wins, and starts importing some more of their fantastic Belgian beers (Stella Artois does not count, as it is their worst one... lol)

BelgianK

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I heard they did. I'm not a beer drinker but proud of my fellow Dutchmen they beat the Belgians

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sosua News Finally Gets It Right

[h=5]On 15 April we reported that the brewer Heineken had taken over the Presidente beer brewery. We had heard that from two sources, namely Detras Del Rumor and El Siglo 21.[/h][h=5]But now it appears that not Heineken but the Belgian-Brazilian brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev, through its Brazilian subsidiary AmBev has acquired a majority of stock in the Dominican brewer Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND). Therefore, approximately $ 1.24 billion will be paid. For approximately $ 1 billion AmBev takes over a stake of 41.76% in CND from the current majority shareholder, the Grupo L?on Jimenez. AmBev also will pay $ 237 million to Heineken for the stake of 9.3% that Heineken still has in CND, and therefore AmBev acquires a stake of approximately 51% of stock in CND.[/h]

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
We beat you and saved another beer... whoehaaaaa

Just joking, Mauricio....

BelgianK

I heard several people stating that Heineken bought CND (before the deal was made public and when talking about it and mentioning that others say it's AB InBev, they would say: "ah si, pero tu no sabes que heineken es parte de Inbev!?.."

And I thought EVERYBODY knows Heineken is a Dutch company based in Amsterdam and owned by no other company, let alone a Belgian one :)-P). Just like the whole world knows that Royal Shell, Philips and Unilever are Dutch!

(this might be why my inlaws say I'm a chauvinistic prick. I guess I could have been French)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I heard several people stating that Heineken bought CND (before the deal was made public and when talking about it and mentioning that others say it's AB InBev, they would say: "ah si, pero tu no sabes que heineken es parte de Inbev!?.."

And I thought EVERYBODY knows Heineken is a Dutch company based in Amsterdam and owned by no other company, let alone a Belgian one :)-P). Just like the whole world knows that Royal Shell, Philips and Unilever are Dutch!

(this might be why my inlaws say I'm a chauvinistic prick. I guess I could have been French)

I suspect that most Americans would have said that Heineken was a German beer, but that is just my guess without taking a formal poll.