How do I get my novia a U.S. tourist visa

mishugana

Dec 15, 2006
I want to take a cruise from NYC to FLA and Bahamas in may 2013 and maybe spend 2 days in NYC b4 the cruise and a day after what do i do to get the US Visa and a bahamian visa? how far in advance to get the visa? i have a us passport she has a dr passport

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
A lot of people ask this ? And want to take there girls on a vacathion . And it is almost impossble to get her a visa for so meny places . Being that most of these girls have never been off the island i am shour thy would be very happy to go anyware . So can some one tell them what places can a dominacana get a visa for so people can plan a trip around where thy can bring there girl. P.S badpice33 or anyone where is Racer x maby AZB nows ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I want to take a cruise from NYC to FLA and Bahamas in may 2013 and maybe spend 2 days in NYC b4 the cruise and a day after what do i do to get the US Visa and a bahamian visa? how far in advance to get the visa? i have a us passport she has a dr passport

First of all, you don't get her the visas. You might be paying for them, but she has to get those visas on her own merits by showing a long term bank account with activity over a long period of time, proof of a job, property in the DR, a car in the DR, etc, etc. If she already has family in the US, for example, that is one potential reason to deny a visitor's visa. In other words she has to prove she will return to the DR without a shadow of a doubt after the cruise is over and not jump ship. And for a cruise that stops at different countries she will need a visa for each different country. That is very, very, very hard for most Dominicans to do. Better to look at the list of countries where Dominicans can go without visas and plan your trip to one or more of them.

She can apply for a US Visitor's visa at the US Consulate in Santo Domingo and wait for the likely to be no response with hundreds of other countrymen that get refused on their interview days. Who knows, she might even get a yes answer however unlikely that is. It will probably be a very frustrating experience.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Take her to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Great city and all she needs is a DR Passport. No Visa necessary. Just take Copa through Panama and you are all set.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Windeguy is spot on. My Russian girlfriend just spent three years trying to get a US Visa. she got turned down twice--the first two years in a row with a solid "No." This perplexed me to no end becuase A.) she was able to prove that she had a significant, steady income that went back for three years from day one of living here. and B.) she also had traveled extensively around the world and had the passport stamps to prove it, and C.) she also had a child here enrolled in a private school here (Sosua International school) that costs $650 a month plus+ and had the reciepts from every month, and D.) her rent was significantly more than the school tuition, E.) she had bank accounts with money in them, plus a steady income being deposited every month, etc.

She had crossed all her T's and dotted all her I's. nothing was lacking, but most importantly, she showed plenty of bank accounts with money in them. All she wanted to do was go to Miami for a weekend to go shopping! nothing more. In my book, she was a clear shoe-in for a US Visa.

Wrong. They said, "We're sorry, we cannot give you a Visa at this time." Three years later they gave it to her.

To say it's hard to get a U.S Visa would be an understatement of the century. it's beyond hard. it's beyond frustrating. You'll want to pull all your hair out, then pull thier hair out, then the pull your girlfriend's hair out for making you go through all the bureacracy crap for nothing. However, it turns out, the US embassy aren't that stupid after all...their rules and regulations don't permit you to enter their front door or premises with either a Bazooka or 50 caliber. I know this for a fact, i tried! So, they got that going for them.

In conclusion, the U.S embassy are very cautious, but smart. However, it didn't help that they took one look at me standing beside her at the "Interview window" and decided i was probably bad news. I came to the interview with my girlfriend dressed in my father's Vietnam jacket, military pants and flak jacket. In hindsight, it was probably a bad idea. For one thing, i was sweating profusely at the Interview window, but otherwise calm. i didn't say much, but i did stare a lot. i had a twitch in my left eye when he asked me some questions, but I gave my father's rank and serial number and took the 5th on the rest of the questions.

However, You may find that you have better luck.

FRank

Last edited:

edm7583

May 29, 2007
The most succinct answer. If she needs you to pay for the visa fee. She won't qualify. If she is not wealthy to the point that the loss of the 5500 peso visa fee in case the visa is denied would not be a big deal to her, she won't qualify.

The majority of illegals in the US are people who entered on a non-immigrant visa and never went home. It is even codified into US immigration law that ALL foreigners (regardless of nationality) wishing to enter the United States are presumed to be intending to stay permanently until they provide enough evidence to overcome that presumption. For someone visiting from Australia, the UK, Germany or Japan, for example, a brief (or lengthy, if necessary) interview at the port of entry and supporting documents to prove a temporary stay and a ticket leaving the USA are sufficient evidence to overcome this presumption and allow entry as a visitor. For people from most of the world, however, it is much harder to overcome this presumption of immigration during the visa process.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
She will not get one so dont waste your time and money. Take the advice and just go somewhere else for vacation. 99.99% (not the exact percentage but you get the idea) of the Dominicans who got a travel visa to the US never came back. The reason they dont come back is that they like living illegally in the US better than they like living legally here. Who wouldnt?
They can make more money working under the table in the US than most professionals in the DR. And one of these days the US will give up and make them citizens.