From Santo Domingo to Guaycanes -Taxi or bus?

alh

Feb 19, 2012
Some friends and I are hoping to take a day trip out to Playa Guayacanes from Sto Domingo. Taxi fare was quoted at $1600 each way. Am wondering if the bus is a viable option and if so, where do you find it and how much would it cost?

Anyone have experience with this?

Many thanks.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Bus from Parque Enriquillo. Ask Taxi driver to take you there to the bus for San Pedro de Macoris/Juan Dolio/ Guayacanes. Cost to Guayacanes around 100 pesos. When you get there - on the motorway - there are lots of little roads/alleys down to the beach on the left hand side of the main road. Just ask man on bus when he takes your money to let you off at Playa Guayacanes.

On way back, just walk back to main road and stick out hand when you see bus. They all go to the Capital although some might make you change in Boca Chica.

Matilda

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Your quoted taxi fare is a pretty decent price for the distance.

On the northeast corner of Parque Enriquillo, on the corner of Jose Marti and Caracas, I take the bus leaving there and it takes me to Juan Dolio for 70 pesos. Guayacanes is just before that.

alh

Feb 19, 2012
Thanks to both of you. The bus worked out beautifully. We got on an express going there for 120 and came back on one costing 60. Seemed entirely reasonable to me.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The only thing better than people giving good advice is other people making good use of it.