American Good Guys or Bad Guys

danmonte

Jan 27, 2012
First visit here was in 1970s right after US Marines landed in Santo Domingo. Never figured out whether the US stopped the good guys from winning or kept the society from self-destruction.The wife says one thing -- I think another. But she tells me at that Meeting Place center in Puerto Plata tomorrow afternoon (Sunday April 1) there is to be a documentary and a public discussion with people who lived through that period. This is one discussion I hope to attend. May we can end our argument then --- not that any argument with her is ever "won". I'm sure you guys know what I mean. But which side of the argument are you on?

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I predict 9 out of 10 DR1's will side with their wives, whether she's right or not!

Certainly will be an interesting discussion, let us know how it turns out.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I had the pleasure of sitting at a big table at a wedding a few years ago where there were 4 old men, two of each who fought on the different sides back during the '65 coup/invasion/insurrection.

It was really interesting to hear these oldsters still fighting over something that happened 42 years earlier.

I'll bet Hillbilly can tell some stories since he was here when it was going on...

edm7583

May 29, 2007
yankee_sm.jpg