Ghost of Trump @ Cap Cana

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Today I drove around Cap Cana as I haven't seen the development for a year or more.
Some building is going on, but it's very sparse and by the looks of it, very slow.

The Trump development is dead in the water, going by what I witnessed today.

Overgrown Trump "SOLD" sign
1.jpg

Trump Towers signage
2.jpg

Derelict Trump property
3.jpg

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The area of the Trump development near where the now defunct Farallon restaurant exists on the overlook of Cap Cana never really had a chance to get off the ground. Some people suspect it was more of an agenda to lend his name to the Cap Cana development in a weak market; supposedly to draw in new investors.

Regards,

PJT

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Some people suspect it was more of an agenda to lend his name to the Cap Cana development in a weak market; supposedly to draw in new investors.

Regards,

PJT

I don't know about that. They spent millions on infrastructure, roads, marketing etc for the Trump project.

The Farallon restaurant is open, it just looks like it needs some TLC.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Today I drove around Cap Cana as I haven't seen the development for a year or more.
Some building is going on, but it's very sparse and by the looks of it, very slow.

The Trump development is dead in the water, going by what I witnessed today.

Overgrown Trump "SOLD" sign
1.jpg

Trump Towers signage
2.jpg

Derelict Trump property
3.jpg

I am not surprised it is dead! I don't know why would anyone want to associate with him. In business. He is overrated, and the truth is that the guy is a failure. Everything he touches fails, 4 bankruptcies under his belt in less than 20 years, not to mention that Mike Tyson hired him as his financial advisor, which also lead Mike Tyson to bankruptcy himself. It seems that the only thing that he is really good at, is, bankruptcies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
He is a crafty egomaniac who has fleeced a lot of people. Of late he has lent his name to a number of projects, gets paid, and then when the project does not do well he pulls out and denies any responsibility. He has gone bankrupt a number of times but always seem to bounce back. To me he is a slimy conman but he does appeal to a certain segment who keep on trusting him.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I don't know about that. They spent millions on infrastructure, roads, marketing etc for the Trump project.

It is sort of like politics. There is a big campaign to clean up the streets, paint the houses, and everyone puts on their best clothes in anticipation of a presidential visit. However, it is all done with ghost funds, money that does not exist.

People go bankrupt trying to impress someone.

Regards,

PJT

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
But as I said in a previous thread about Trump@CapCana, the people who are impressed by DT are not the people they are aiming to impress.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I wonder why "Pichardo" hasn't posted "HIS" pictures of "Cap cana"?????????????????
No I DON't!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

?????????

What exactly does Trump's project in Cap Cana have to do with the overall Cap Cana project?

Have YOU seen Cap Cana as of late at all to even ask that?

What Robert posted pictures from is the Trump's project IN Cap Cana, not Cap Cana itself CCCC...

Cap Cana is a brand, not Trump's seal...

But if you want I can humor you with some pictures of Cap Cana...?

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
I sure wouldn't mind being broke like him :)

Mr Trump and wife 2 getting out their stretch limo heading for a night in town, passed a street tramp, when Mrs T says something unkind about the pavement dweller. Trump retorted, " if that guy has only $1 in his pocket tonight he is worth 1.3 billion more than me". Sheds another light on the glitz and glamour !

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
He is a crafty egomaniac who has fleeced a lot of people. Of late he has lent his name to a number of projects, gets paid, and then when the project does not do well he pulls out and denies any responsibility. He has gone bankrupt a number of times but always seem to bounce back. To me he is a slimy conman but he does appeal to a certain segment who keep on trusting him.

Please give the man a little credit. He did a great job breaking up disputes between Gary Busey and Meatloaf on the "Celebrity Apprentice." You need nerves of steel and icewater in your veins to play chicken essentially on the DR real estate market. With the current global real estate collapse and tight credit, the first place to fall apart is going to be fringe markets like the DR

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Please give the man a little credit. He did a great job breaking up disputes between Gary Busey and Meatloaf on the "Celebrity Apprentice." You need nerves of steel and icewater in your veins to play chicken essentially on the DR real estate market. With the current global real estate collapse and tight credit, the first place to fall apart is going to be fringe markets like the DR

Or just being arrogant ;)