new power cable for a mac?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
My daughter's cat did that to her laptop (not Mac) power cord too. I ended up locating a replacement on Ebay. There are some Mac power cords available on Ebay - but without specifics of model, etc, I have no way of knowing if the one you want is available.

There is also a Mac repair store in Santiago - they would probably be able to locate one for you.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
if it's the 2 flat plus round ground (standard U.S. a.c. grounded) to three parallel flat prongs / one offset, it doesn't have to be mac specific. the same cords are used for a lot of things especially electronics..

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Its not just the cable as the laptop itself is behaving strangely

it suddenly shut down and then restarted with the fan going full power (lapptop not hot) and a strange symbol in the power icon.

I heard of a guy called Dominique who fixed macs in sosua...anyone know if he's still around?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Its not just the cable as the laptop itself is behaving strangely

it suddenly shut down and then restarted with the fan going full power (lapptop not hot) and a strange symbol in the power icon.

I heard of a guy called Dominique who fixed macs in sosua...anyone know if he's still around?

That should be an easy fix. It sounds like you need to an SMC reset Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

As for the power supply, go and see Victor at the electronic workshop next door to Delancer in Sosua. He's pretty handy with a soldering iron and might be able to repair it for you. But only insist on Victor, his colleague is an idiot!

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Beeza, you are the man!
SMC reset worked perfectly.
I will try to get Victor to solder the cable (and shall avoid the idiot!)

Now doubt closed tomorrow....why do these things always happen on holidays??

Now, anyone got a new cat for me?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Beeza, you are the man!
SMC reset worked perfectly.
I will try to get Victor to solder the cable (and shall avoid the idiot!)

Now doubt closed tomorrow....why do these things always happen on holidays??

Now, anyone got a new cat for me?

Glad I could help!

If the cat is a good ratter, I'll take it!