How to get from our the airport (SDQ) to our hotel?

Kenneth Nicholson

Apr 6, 2012
I am coming from the states arriving at SDQ (las americas interenational airport) and i need to get to Hotel Danae. The address of the hotel is La Danae street, No. 18 - Gazcue.

However i hear that there are no carro p?blico or taxis that will take you from the airport to the city.

What is the best way to get to my hotel?

Thanks

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
There are plenty of taxis, all airport syndicate taxis. Available 24/7. Someone will advise how much they will rip you of for.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You should have the hotel reccomend a taxi for you.
Great idea, so they can make a commission and inflate the price!
You could also go upstairs to the departure level and grab a "local" taxi on the way back to The Capital for about 1/2 of the price of an airport taxi.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Great idea, so they can make a commission and inflate the price!
You could also go upstairs to the departure level and grab a "local" taxi on the way back to The Capital for about 1/2 of the price of an airport taxi.

The hotel should be able to get you the taxi's contact info and you call and negotiate directly with the cab company. never step in without asking for the price.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.......What is the best way to get to my hotel?

Thanks

Easiest thing to do is take one of the many taxis waiting when you exit the airport. When you walk out of SDQ go to the left and you will see taxis parked along the curb. Take one of the authorized airport taxis. Ask the price before you enter the cab. The driver will probably say $40 so you counter with $30. More than likely the final price will be $35.

There are numerous ways to get a cheaper ride into the city but I am not sure if it is worth the trouble. If you are a solo traveler and don't mind sharing a shuttle bus you can book in advance with A2B Transfers which can be found online. Their current rate per traveler is about $22 payable online in advance.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
........I am coming from the states arriving at SDQ (las americas interenational airport) and i need to get to Hotel Danae. The address of the hotel is La Danae street, No. 18 - Gazcue........

After your trip could you kindly leave a review of this hotel?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
After your trip could you kindly leave a review of this hotel?

I've stayed at this hotel many times. It is a good budget hotel. Has AC, TV and refrig in room. Friencly staff. Area is quiet. Price is about RD$1200 per night.