Beach

dsmad

Dec 30, 2010
saw this in Dominican Today
Santo Domingo.– For those who cannot afford to travel during Holy Week or prefer to stay in the capital, the National District City Council has built its first temporary artificial beach in Santo Domingo Malecon.

The RD$4 million project is about 90 meters long, features 12 swimming pools and opens Thursday through Sunday when the Easter break ends. Nearly 140 square meters of sand were needed, and palm trees, umbrellas and lounge chairs are included.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I was under the impression Boca Chica had only ugly prostitutes

Check out this site....

Boca Chica Dominican Republic - English

Whatever happened to Jim Hinch? I think he originally put that site up.....

It's a little dated, but you'll get the general idea, and lots of pics of the beach....

If you don't mind "pure insanity" "lots of people and action" "heavy drinking"....

This is the place for you......

And yes, plenty of ugly prostitutes in Boca Chica, but once in a while you'll see a pretty one. But like anything else, the good stuff goes fast.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was under the impression Boca Chica had only ugly prostitutes
Sunday afternoons you get a hybrid of Dominican families, semi-pros, attractive cueros, and UBH's on the beach, it is really a scenic carnival.

AS R&B suggested, get there a little early for the better stock.

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
saw this in Dominican Today
Santo Domingo.? For those who cannot afford to travel during Holy Week or prefer to stay in the capital, the National District City Council has built its first temporary artificial beach in Santo Domingo Malecon.

The RD$4 million project is about 90 meters long, features 12 swimming pools and opens Thursday through Sunday when the Easter break ends. Nearly 140 square meters of sand were needed, and palm trees, umbrellas and lounge chairs are included.

I wanted to go to the beach also yesterday, then I found out it takes like 30 minutes.. then I went to Malecon also. Uhm, they tried yes.. but no way I can consider it a beach. Yes they got sand, yes they got "
pool-plastic.jpg
" but no waves are going to welcome you when you enter the sea.. as a matter of facts you can't enter the sea and no girls running around in slow motion in bikini like you're watching the intro of Baywatch.

But yeah, the vibe is more than nice! :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I dont mind 30 minutes is there a beach for middle class/college type girls
You could go to Cabarete right now if you want the creme of the crop, you are not getting co-eds on Boca Chica Beach. Juan Dolio may have some non-pro lolitas this weekend for the holiday but with their families. Honestly, this weekend is really not a time to be on the road if you value your life.

Viper2971

Feb 23, 2012
I dont mind seeing families,as I said I want to people watch,preferbly the creme de society.I dont think the average person who lives in SD goes to Boca Chica.Cabarete is too far

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My in-laws are all over the place this weekend. One brother-in-law at Playa Coson, one in Bavaro, one in Casa de Campo, one at Playa Palenque. All of them are from the capital, and all their 20-something children are with them. Only Playa Palenque is 'near' Santo Domingo. If you go, go to the far end to "Cocolandia" beach.