Why doesn't Santo Domingo has a swimming pool!?!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
I can't help it to think in business ventures every time I'm somewhere, but today it really hit me after spending time in Malecon. They've been setting up these little swimming pool for the kids and I could swear that I saw African children in line for a peace of bread! And I'm talking about big S lines!

Okay, I know building and taking care of a swimming pool is ABC, but still.. why doesn't Santo Domingo has a swimming pool!?!?!

I mean, locals will go crazy, tourists can spend their time there, it's hot as a mothr on a daily base!

I know in a couple of years I'm loaded :p and if I come back to here and y'all still haven't build a swimming pool........

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
There are several pools to visit, you just need to pay for a day pass RD500p/p (I think that was the price at Hispanola a couple of years ago and I think they are the cheaper, option.)

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
There are several pools to visit, you just need to pay for a day pass RD500p/p (I think that was the price at Hispanola a couple of years ago and I think they are the cheaper, option.)

LOL, topic can be closed.. I could've swear that I asked a couple of people and they all told me there are no swimming pools here.

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
There are pools EVERYWHERE!!! I'm surprised no one has set one up in your neighborhood.

I can think of at least 5 colmados that set up portable pools for Semana Santa.

No, I don't mean these type of swimming pools..
california1__95265_zoom.jpg

I mean the real deal..
tropicana_big_01.jpg
with all the good stuff
11_water glijbaan.jpg

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
There are pools EVERYWHERE!!! I'm surprised no one has set one up in your neighborhood.

I can think of at least 5 colmados that set up portable pools for Semana Santa.

I think it is pretty obvious the guy is talking about permanent structures, and not the splash fests that get set up in every neighbourhood.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
There is a great waterpark right across from the aquarium. Big pools and slides for the big folk. Little pools and slides for the little folks. Well maintained and staff does a good job of maintaining civility.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Several social clubs have pools, some more exclusive than others including Naco, Paraiso, Arroyo Hondo, SD Country Club.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I know in a couple of years I'm loaded :p and if I come back to here and y'all still haven't build a swimming pool........
I do hope you keep that talk for the forum, if you take it to the street you may well one day be tested, and professional parasites don't like to put a lot of work into someone for no reward, and probably the worst thing you can do is try and play people who spend their lives playing people to survive.
All you talk about on here that I've read could very easily flip on you one day, in your 'not so safe' barrio while the PN offer you a ride home. Or her boyfriend returns frustrated from a couple of months on the Northside in Sosua trying to play tourists with little joy. He thinks you have and you won't give but you've been on his girl, oooh, that could be a headliner for evening news. Never show or discuss or brag money with anyone you are not working for, certainly not in your situation. I had to mention it as the whole tacano thing might make more sense.

Anyway, just a headsup, back on topic.

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
I do hope you keep that talk for the forum, if you take it to the street you may well one day be tested, and professional parasites don't like to put a lot of work into someone for no reward, and probably the worst thing you can do is try and play people who spend their lives playing people to survive.
All you talk about on here that I've read could very easily flip on you one day, in your 'not so safe' barrio while the PN offer you a ride home. Or her boyfriend returns frustrated from a couple of months on the Northside in Sosua trying to play tourists with little joy. He thinks you have and you won't give but you've been on his girl, oooh, that could be a headliner for evening news. Never show or discuss or brag money with anyone you are not working for, certainly not in your situation. I had to mention it as the whole tacano thing might make more sense.

Anyway, just a headsup, back on topic.

You're killing me here man.. because most of the people here already past the dreaming age I should say didn't we all were young and dreamed about having a big S mansion and Ferrari and what not?! Yes I'm dreaming about that too, and I'm working on it.. but all that can be erased because it was just a funny one liner hence the :p

Like, that's a nice car.. one day I'll hit the lottery bla bla bla.

And no, you ain't never going to see me bragging on the streets talking about one day I'm going to be a millionaire but in the barrios I'm going to I've mentioned in other topics they already know why I'm here.

I'm almost everyday walking around with flyers to promote an event: Audicion YaleilyRecords | Facebook

Yeah, it could happen that one day some of these dudes is getting tired of me and he's going to test me.. you never know.

You could also send your kid to school thinking school isn't like Iraq but it takes one or two idiots to start the next Columbine.

But I get your point, I don't act like I'm the next best things where ever I'm going.. I treat everybody with respect and with a smile and that's it. (By the way, some girls been calling me taca?o.. I don't know how the people in those barrios think about me. A smile and a buenos d?as doesn't mean they like me, but also not that they hate me.)

Aveen Atta

Jul 28, 2012
dear
\pls. help me to buy swimming pool from your side with size 3*7 m and the deep is 1.7 m, pls. tell the prize and the coast post as i am in Iraq in suly city also sen me the photo for the request pool
thanks

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
dear
\pls. help me to buy swimming pool from your side with size 3*7 m and the deep is 1.7 m, pls. tell the prize and the coast post as i am in Iraq in suly city also sen me the photo for the request pool
thanks

Rubber Dingy Rapids, bro.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
MAYBE IT might be time for the experienced or enthusiastic to share a little of the basic decent amenities in SD AND SANTIAGO And MAYBE Samana and punta Cana ,BAVARO To hello enlighten those who aren't familiar there yet

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Maybe it be best to start a specific thread with specific questions, or enter specific words in the search option and see what it brings up?