Getting from Puerto Plata to Cap-Haitian (One day)

Librarian22

Apr 1, 2012
I want to visit the Citadelle but I do not want to spend a night in Haiti. Are there any regional airlines that have flights from POP to Cap-Haitian or private charters? The bus route will take too long and force me to stay there over night. Any suggestions would be great.

Gracias

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Don't forget to allow 3 to 4 hours for the return trip from Okap to the top of the citadel plus whatever time you want to spend at the location.

Fleur de Santiago

Sep 20, 2010
Save yourself the headache and spend the night. I really don't think that there is enough time to make the trip in one day and there is much to be seen in and around the area. There are several nice, reputable hotels to stay at in Cap and a beautiful resort on the beach 30 minutes outside of the city.

PM me is you would like details.

Librarian22

Apr 1, 2012
Save yourself the headache and spend the night. I really don't think that there is enough time to make the trip in one day and there is much to be seen in and around the area. There are several nice, reputable hotels to stay at in Cap and a beautiful resort on the beach 30 minutes outside of the city.

PM me is you would like details.

Thank you for the response. I decided against going =(. I will be traveling with a friend who is not keen on leaving the DR and I didnt want to be stay the night alone. But thanks again.