New Restaurant El Salomon replaces Simply Red

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
I called in the other night to try out the food in the restaurant across from Infinity Blue and was very delighted with the whole evening. What a change from the old Simply Red, Carmen who is the owners wife, works behind the bar and welcomes everyone with a smile and is very chatty and pleasant and really makes you feel welcome. On the menu which has a very good selection, I ordered the chicken cordon bleu to which you can select what you like (chips, rice or others) to accompany the meal. It arrived in front of me within 10 mins piping hot, all freshly made has I was watching it being prepared. It was very good and I stayed to have a few large Presidente beers which was only RD$80 a beer for a big beer in a restaurant! The meal which only cost RD$299 so very inexpensive evening. The music was Dominican but, thank god not too loud and the layout is very charming. I will be back to check the rest of the menu out, good food and reasonable prices WOW someone has found that magical formula.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
simply red started out well then went down hill rapidly, mainly due to lack of knowledge about how to handle potential complaints, so lets hope for the best

Aug 21, 2007
Glad to read the good review. As I walk my dogs past this restaurant every day and see no customers, I worried that it, too, would not succeed. I hope other people give it a chance.

Could the OP tell us what other items are on the menu?

Lindsey

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
I know that when I was looking at the menu they had a lot of fresh fish meals including fish and chips which is my next meal I will be trying out, all the normal steak dishes, soups, pasta, pizza, house specials and chicken. I will get the run down on the menu next time I am in but it is worth taking a look yourself.

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
I called in the other night to try out the food in the restaurant across from Infinity Blue and was very delighted with the whole evening. What a change from the old Simply Red, Carmen who is the owners wife, works behind the bar and welcomes everyone with a smile and is very chatty and pleasant and really makes you feel welcome. On the menu which has a very good selection, I ordered the chicken cordon bleu to which you can select what you like (chips, rice or others) to accompany the meal. It arrived in front of me within 10 mins piping hot, all freshly made has I was watching it being prepared. It was very good and I stayed to have a few large Presidente beers which was only RD$80 a beer for a big beer in a restaurant! The meal which only cost RD$299 so very inexpensive evening. The music was Dominican but, thank god not too loud and the layout is very charming. I will be back to check the rest of the menu out, good food and reasonable prices WOW someone has found that magical formula.

Whereabouts is infinity blue in Sosu?:surprised

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dominican music that is not too loud? Somehow that seems impossible.
Glad to see a good review for the place and will have to try it.

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
I know but they do still have the dance floor at the back which is a bit louder then in the bar area. I intend to try the new PJ's in town and see what the menu is like now with the change of management and will report back on my findings.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I only have one report so far on new pjs , probably opening night problems so will wait to hear more

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We ate here last nigth. Carman was great and was seriously interested what we thought of our meals. We told her the fish was overcooked and dry but good flavor and the pork dish was good. She is really interested in making it a success and a place for local Expats and Dominican to enjoy a good meal at very very very reaonable plrices in a comfortable atmosphere. Customer service is a must for her. What a novel idea....
Though not blown away by our experiecne we will give another try.

Bob K

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
As a bit of a foodie, I know that most fried fish is dry and you will need to order a good sauce to have with the fish. My personal favoriteis a good tuna steak cooked on a very hot grill with a good parsley, mushroom and garlic sauce or even pepper sauce. Dorado fried is dry and a good sauce is always needed. I think if you can find a good tuna steak, it is far nicer then a beef steak any day, depending on who cooked it and how fresh it is and the sauce you order to accompany the meal.

seiry rivera

Apr 12, 2012
well l finally went to eat at that new resturant salomon,and let me tell you l really enjoyed the dinner it was super, l consider it one of the best resturants here in sosua,the people who work there are very out going people,l recomend it to anyone,l well be eating there for now on,l love it,good luck to the new owners ,there the best,keep up the good work salomon resturant!!!!!!!!!

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
I went back last night and had the fish and chips, very good and I had to take some home with me as I had too much on my plate for me to eat in one sitting. Good job guys and keep it up.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
@Thegreenguy - It is pretty fair to assume you are the owner of el Salomon with all of your unbiased reviews in this thread. Can you please post the menu here when you get a chance! I look forward to trying out your food.

tambo'

seiry rivera

Apr 12, 2012
this resturant salomon belongs to a dominican man called called profeta ,he also owns a supermaket named profeta,him and his wife are out going people,they should do well .like l said l ate there and l have no complains,and in there market they sell very good they have reasonable prices ,like in there resturant,l wish them the best!! who ever this greenguy is that comments about there place is right,he seems to feel satisfy like l do with the place.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
As a "FOODIE", why would you put any kind of sauce on a perfectly good tuna. God only knows what you'd do to a salmon.

this is directed at green guy

Last edited: