Selling house

gallego

Feb 22, 2008
The mother of my wife has sold her house about two months ago and stil didn?t receive the money from the lawyer. He always has an excuse why it takes much time but I have been thinking that there is something going wrong and he is steeling the money. I think they better go to the police to denounce the lawyer. Please can you advise.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Lawyer? Better get you own lawyer...or go to the Police and file a complaint--una queja.

HB

Nov 25, 2008
2 months...your screwed I think after 2 days and your money wasn't sent they should have come down personally or have someone that person trust investigate the delay

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
The mother of my wife has sold her house about two months ago and stil didn?t receive the money from the lawyer. He always has an excuse why it takes much time but I have been thinking that there is something going wrong and he is steeling the money. I think they better go to the police to denounce the lawyer. Please can you advise.

I would have been demanding the money the same day! Talk to a real lawyer and don't wasting anymore time.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You broke my "Cardinal Rule Of Doing Business In The DR"!
NEVER,give/sell ANYTHING,until the "money" is in YOUR hands!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I might add: "Never Trust a Lawyer"!
Except for,"Guzman Ariza" that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I am not trying to be rude or anything. It is a bad thing that is happening to gallego's mother, but it is because people in DR let things slide and allow this bad client service so many times that it kind of has become normal.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I get your Cardinal rule! And no argument from me either.
HOWEVER, what does one say when asked for a deposit, or money to buy the parts, etc. and not insult or alienate the workman?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A few Ways.
Tell them to give you a list of what's neede,then buy it yourself.
Establish credit with a business,hardware store,colmado,construction supplies,and tell them to go there.
Easiest,is give the bare minimum to buy the parts needed,and "Pay-as-you-go" for projects that last more than one day.
KNOW your employees,tradesmen,mechanics well,before you use them.
Learn to say,"No,No Puedo Ahora.' when they want to be payed for incomplete work.
KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE!
References from other EXPats is very good.
You don't need to be "Un Amigo" to people working for you.
I dropped off my van to have the radiator repared.I left my "cell" # to call when it was ready.They dis.Everything fine.
Next day a got a call from the guy,"My little child is in the hospital and might not live if I can't pay for her operation!"
I told him "No,No Puedo Ahora",but call me if she dies,I'll send some flowers.
He never called,so I guess she survived?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Oh,and always carry a lot of small bills.They NEVER have "change",but don't want YOU to pay 100 pesos Less!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I might add: "Never Trust a Lawyer"!
Except for,"Guzman Ariza" that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I sold my house (in the D.R.) In the lawyer office, the buyers paid me before I signed the sale contract and insisted that I count the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Did the sale go thru if you did not get paid? Not in my mind. There was no sale as you were defrauded by the lawyer. You certainly take this very well. If it were me I would be plotting his slow death via days of exquisite torture and thats after I got my money. Is the house empty? I would find some family member to move in right away. Preferably a family member with little children who "have no place to live". Let them prove they own the house and try and evict kids into the street. They will occupy the house for years while you slowly sue the crooked lawyer. Mothers and little children have a special position in DR society.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Those don't last long :ermm:

Ah Cameron my boy........... nobody said how many of them were in hand.

The fortune is the fortune, regardless of the size of the bills.

I can agree, that for your type of money, its more beneficial to carry 'large'....

CCCCCCCCC likes to disguise his wealth by carrying 'small'.

remember, when it comes to a money stacking contest or a long d!ck contest.......

NEVER show everything - just show enough to win:cool:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You MAY be right about my "MONEY",but the "Long Dick Contest"?????????????????Not so much!
I'm "part" Irish,guess which "PART"????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I remember one night,I talked a pretty young girl into coming to my apt. to have sex with me.(Even a "Blind Squirl" Finds an Acorn Once-In-A-While!)
When we got undressed,she looked at me in disbelief,and said,"Just who do you think you are going to satisfy with that little "dick?" :ermm:
"Why MYSELF!" I told her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Last edited: