How to issue a factura as a private individual

miozio

May 23, 2009
I know it's a dumb question but I have no idea what to do next..
I put a few products for sale at a couple of stores about a month ago and when they were all sold out, they are asking me for a factura. Can I issue one without registering as an entrepreneur?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Without a registration number on your invoice they are required to deduct tax from your gross bill and forward it to the government.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I know it's a dumb question but I have no idea what to do next..
I put a few products for sale at a couple of stores about a month ago and when they were all sold out, they are asking me for a factura. Can I issue one without registering as an entrepreneur?
The answer is no. (If they want a comprabante fiscal). You need to sort that out when you sell them your products. You don't charge them the 16% ITBIS so they can't claim it. Just be carefull who you deal with.

miozio

May 23, 2009
The answer is no. (If they want a comprabante fiscal). You need to sort that out when you sell them your products. You don't charge them the 16% ITBIS so they can't claim it. Just be carefull who you deal with.
Thank you for the quick answers.
I thought it's DR and there are always ways to get around :) Is there a lawyer in Sosua area (English speaker) who could register me as a private entrepreneur? I imported some items for gift shops and am willing to continue the distribution. This sort of small business doesn't bring much money just a handful of $1 bills per month, I am only afraid that this registration and the whole thingy of being a legal salesman here would cost me a loss.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you for the quick answers.
I thought it's DR and there are always ways to get around :) Is there a lawyer in Sosua area (English speaker) who could register me as a private entrepreneur? I imported some items for gift shops and am willing to continue the distribution. This sort of small business doesn't bring much money just a handful of $1 bills per month, I am only afraid that this registration and the whole thingy of being a legal salesman here would cost me a loss.
A lot of hassle and monthly reports. Just tell the gift shops "Up front" that you are not charging them the 16% and cannot provide a "Comprobante". Can't see a problem. It's a win-win for them. If they want, they can charge the 16% to the customers but don't have to declare it because you are not putting them on official paper. 16% more profit and sale not declared to Gov.

miozio

May 23, 2009
A lot of hassle and monthly reports. Just tell the gift shops "Up front" that you are not charging them the 16% and cannot provide a "Comprobante". Can't see a problem. It's a win-win for them. If they want, they can charge the 16% to the customers but don't have to declare it because you are not putting them on official paper. 16% more profit and sale not declared to Gov.
Thanks Eddy for the information. I hope this works...

Feb 7, 2007
Go to DGII and register for RNC# with your cedula, then apply for "comprobantes fiscales" at DGII. About a month's time. Then issue the invoices.

Another option is to tell the stores to treat you as "proveedor informal" and give them your cedula #. Then they will deduct 10% from gross amount and have you sign an invoice they issue to themselves stating you as "proveedor informal" - NCF type # 11.

raymi

May 25, 2008
www.mejialora.com
Complementing rubio_higuey reponse, also they will deduct the itbis (16%) and the deduction of the income tax will be 2% not 10% since it is a product a not a service because there's a presume net income of 20% (of the total invoice) to which they apply the 10% = 2% of the total for income tax deduction.

The main issue with the proveedor informal form is that it will pressure you to file your taxes directly anyway sooner or later, my recomendation will be to incorporate as an SRL (Sociedad Responsabilidad Limitada, corporation) or as an EIRL (Empresa Individual de Responsabilidad limitada, individual), for tax purposes the obligations are the same, nevertheless from a legal point of view it will be useful to have your lawyers or Mr. Guzman opinions.