How to set a Child support or Pension without entering the DR

travi3sa82

Apr 16, 2012
My husband had a baby with a woman in DR. The baby is currently 8mths old. I chose to forgive him and give him another chance and I also accepted his son. Our issue is with the baby's mother. Although he sends her money every week she continues to harass us with calls. We recently arrived from the Dominican Republic we went just to pick up the DNA proof I requested him to get just to confirm that in fact this was his child. On our 10 days stay this woman continued to calls us threatening to hurt me, calling me all sort of names etc. In just one day she made 42 calls one after another. I know that she is upset because after all he stood with me but he never lied to her. My husband told her from the beginning that he had a wife and kids she didn't care and purposely got herself pregnant. Due to her craze behavior we wanted to set a child support or some sort of pension where we didn't need to have any more contact with the baby's mother just with the child but we were told this sort of case takes over a month and both party have to be present. It took a month to get the DNA result we cant be traveling back and forth to get this situation settled. I want to know is there any other way we can handle this?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Oh brother!

Arrange payment, into her bank or even WU then change your phone number.

Then give yourself a good shake like any self respecting door mat.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
And if you need to contact her for some reason in the fucher set up a skipe account she cant call you enless you are on line and conected to skipe. O and dont brake your bank take care of your kid yes but do some resherch too find out what things cost in the dom rep it is not the same to say the least . good luck

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
LAWYER UP!! Get a lawyer (Mr. Guzman here on DR1 or someone you know) and have the lawyer get a judge to approve a set amount. Once the court decides, you just send a monthly amount.

Do this sooner rather than later. Then have the lawyer check on the child regularly in order to see that the money is being well spent on him, not in the salon and nail shops..

HB

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Wow. I have heard this same story so many times. HB is correct. Also, if she is calling you so much, she is probably going to check with a lawyer herself. But she should not be threatening to hurt you, you should talk to the police if she is doing that!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I can tell you this from experience this sitiuation will never get better. Your husband made a poor choice sleeping with her to begin with, but that is not for me to say you forgave him which is great. I thought I could manage to families in 2 different countries but it is a very difficult task.

First it will be VERY difficult for your children in your home country to accept the son in the DR. I know now asking my daughter here in the states to talk to her sister in DR made her feel awkward. Unless you can move the son to your home and live under the same your kids will never see him as their brother.

Lastly the mother is going to try to make your life a living hell. Everyday it will be something different the son has gripe, broke his arm, or a ear infection.

Tell your husband or even you can speak to her and agree on a payment every month and send it to her via Westen Union. Set up a new email account and give it to her, and inform her you and your husband will only check the email twice a month so no need of sending 30 emails in one day. Her job is do bring down your family period, after she sees that she is now powerless she will move on with her life.

If you are not a citizen of the Dominican Republic or live there Western Union is your form of child support just keep all of the reciepts from WU in case you made need them in the future for legal purposes or to show the son you always sent the mother money to take care of him. Good Luck!!!

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Ok. I'll be the stick in the mud, as usual.

Your husband cheated on you.

You went to DR with him after the birth of his love child.

Your shared income with your husband will pay support for a child that has nothing to do with you.

You will suffer years of harassing phone calls from a woman you don't know, and should have never known. You didn't get the woman pregnant. Your husband did.

Your forgiveness will now cost you years of time and treasure that was solely created by your cheating husband. But, you have now made this problem your own. Tell me; who is the man in your relationship?

You forgave him. Now leave his sorry ass. You can forgive, and then FORGET. Keep it simple, stupid.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Yet another "Drama Queen Story" on DR1!
You can't make this $HIT up,........................or CAN YOU???????????????????????????????????????
If it's true,Wanna bet her husband is a DOMINICANO????????????????????
He probably came here to sleep with his "Baby Mama".
The "OP" is probably the "Bread Winner" in her homeland,and she is supporting "Hubby",and his wife and kid/kids? here in "Paradise"!
He will probably NEED to come to the DR once in a while to see his "SON"!!! Make that "Dominicana"!
We heard it all before,Too Many Times.
Who's playing Who here????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Yet another "Drama Queen Story" on DR1!
You can't make this $HIT up,........................or CAN YOU???????????????????????????????????????
If it's true,Wanna bet her husband is a DOMINICANO????????????????????
He probably came here to sleep with his "Baby Mama".
The "OP" is probably the "Bread Winner" in her homeland,and she is supporting "Hubby",and his wife and kid/kids? here in "Paradise"!
He will probably NEED to come to the DR once in a while to see his "SON"!!! Make that "Dominicana"!
We heard it all before,Too Many Times.
Who's playing Who here????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It does not mean that he is Dominican. I know a gringo that has a similar story!