*Urgent: appartment needed pronto in Santiago, UTESA university area*

Norway

Apr 16, 2012
Hi

My novia need to move to another appartment because she is currently renting in a building with alot of water/electricity problems, robbery through windows and with landlords that looks to be on drugs and make some problems. People are using ladders to get to her 2. floor windows, force them open and steal stuff they can get to. Even have used some kind of grabbing tool to rob a laptop that was on a table almost 2 meters from one of the windows, and got it out through the bared window. Had no problems with this until about 7 months ago, when the stealing started.

She has checked with Poppy Marty and one other building close by, but it looks like they had no vacant appartments there right now. And she kinda has to move this week, before the 20th, so it is urgent! It can be a temporary solution, if not long term appartments are to find, but I do not want to lose the depositum when she has to move again.

Do anyone know of an appartment that is in a ok safe area, not too much problems with water and electricity and close to UTESA university? Prefer only one bedroom appartment, but can go as big as 2 if needed. Safe appartment with serious 'landlord' is important, where she is now those guys are on drugs it looks like.

Also as an emergency solution is to put alot of her things in storage for a couple weeks. Does anyone know of a good and safe storage company in Santiago, preferable close to UTESA? In Norway there are companies like CitySelfStorage etc, where you can rent a booth and put furnitures and stuff. Also need to be safe/guarded, do not want to find the storage looted later on.

And also; any good moving company that you guys can point us to? Need to have moving truck and people to move stuff.

Please help, this is getting stressful and is really urgent...thanks in advance... :classic:

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
check sites supercasas.com, santiagodeloscaballeros.mundoanuncio.com.do - there are many options. There is 90%+ chance that your novia sold the laptop, other things and is making these stories up now to squeeze more cash out of you.

Norway

Apr 16, 2012
Thanks for repons this far, please keep em comming, the more the better!

VJS; I know you are looking out for me, but I know she did not sell it. We have been in a relationship for more then 2 years, she has visited me once and I visited her 6 times. Our relasionship is very good.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
okay, she could be in the 10% then. There are plenty of vacancies in Santiago, really depends on the budget and timeline, if she walks around and looks at the signs for rent. I can pass on a phone number off a moving van that I see parked often nearby, not sure if they are good though.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
has she looked in villa olimpica? reasonable rent and not too far from utesa. if she says she can't live there, she's squeezing you. most of the students live there or in valle verde.

Norway

Apr 16, 2012
Do you really need a novia that needs you to resolve problems via long distance? I would much prefer a girlfriend that has enough "horsepower" upstairs to figure things out, and present you with alternatives.

Maybe even a pic or two from that cel phone you bought her.

I do not need to resolve the problem, she didnt ask me to do it, I am helping out because I love her and want this situation to be over asap. It is not only stressful for her, she needs to get a safer appartment. And she definetly has enough 'horsepower upstairs', and are in fact very organized woman and far from any 'manana' personality.

And she did find alternatives on her own, but she has been told incorrect information 2-3 times, so she suddenly need another place asap. She is studying medicin and is currently in practice most of the days, so she has limited time to 'run around looking for a place'.

So I asked here, because I hoped people here were able to and willing to help. So far I got a few good leads, and I hope this leads to her moving within 2-3 days. And if more people got some good leads, please let me know! The more the better...

Edit:
PS! As I asked for in the OP, if someone know of a good moving company please let me know.

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
She can call any taxi company in santiago and they have trucks that will move here stuff. OR she can go across the street from Ochoa (hardware store) and they have trucks that move peoples stuff. Should be around 2,000 pesos

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
Hi, I live in Pekin, Santiago, it's 7 minutes walking from UTESA or 20 pesos with a carro pubblico.
I pay 3500 for a 1 habitacion + 1 cocina + un bano. It's decent, not luxury. I live well there.
The apartments is empty (I bought my double cama, my estufa, my mesa, my sillas, oyas...)
It's economic for a long stay.
Water is included (even if there are some water problems at the moment,
water going out for 2 hours a day, the owner is trying to solve).
No robber problems till the present and my windows are at 2 floor on the Pekin main street.

I think there are some free apartments there. I'm in Sosua now, I will be in Santiago this Saturday.

If you need, I can ask the owner and send you the owner number, just for her to have a look at the apartment
(if she thinks / needs / wants).

Pekin is a barrio, but at the end, it's not as dangerous as they say, as long as you do not like drugs and you do not go where they sell it.

Bye, J.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Squeeze play two by now! Squeeze is on! here he comes, squeeze play, its gonna be close, heres the......... [video=youtube;pLzuGdsJYLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLzuGdsJYLs[/video]