NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Please explain why the PRD is desperate if they have provided evidence?
Did you hear the recording? If you did you wouldn't be asking this question. Guido G?mez Mazara and Leo Adames are high party members/officials and they nonchalantly want to kill the president of the party because they can't loose this election. Does that not sound desperate to you?

NotLurking

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Did you hear the recording? If you did you wouldn't be asking this question. Guido G?mez Mazara and Leo Adames are high party members/officials and they nonchalantly want to kill the president of the party because they can't loose this election. Does that not sound desperate to you?

NotLurking

NL

I apologize, I thought I read that these guys were PLD and that the PRD was trying to implicate the the PLD in another scandal.

Now that I'm clear all I can say is Dominican politics is worse than I thought.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
A ese lo que esta bueno es darle un tiro! it doesn't mean that they are going to execute the action of a crime.

This only denote they are mad as hell with MVM for not supporting HM candidature... Listend how at the end of the conversation they said.... Pero no te apures vamos a ganar sin el como quiera! this mean... Take it easy, with or without MVM endorsing PPH Candidate Papa is the winner.

LLego Papa!

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
When ever speaking in Dominican Spanish "atigueriao" only people born and raised in DR can tell the real meaning of this conversation.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
A ese lo que esta bueno es darle un tiro! it doesn't mean that they are going to execute the action of a crime.

This only denote they are mad as hell with MVM for not supporting HM candidature... Listend how at the end of the conversation they said.... Pero no te apures vamos a ganar sin el como quiera! this mean... Take it easy, with or without MVM endorsing PPH Candidate Papa is the winner.

LLego Papa!

JJ

Spin mode on? What part of "Guido: a eso lo que ay que hace matarlo e....ese mama guebo" and "Guido: Claro....e que dale un tiro lo que hay que dale"?

Recorded conversation Guido & Leo said:
1:08
Guido: mira y tu cre que Miguel siga en su onda?
Leo: Miguel esta decidido ya a que perdamo y lo matemo
Guido: aja
Leo: si porque el sabe....el sabe que si nosotro perde e que lo matemo
Guido: a eso lo que ay que hace matarlo e....ese mama guebo
Leo: e ven aca ello tienen que saber con lo que se esta jugando
Guido: Claro....e que dale un tiro lo que hay que dale...vam...vamos a gana sin el no te a pure...vamo a gana si el

Transcription mine.

NotLurking

Last edited:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Del dicho al hecho hay un tremendo trecho, tu save lo baboso que somos los Dominicanos...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What did you expect from Mr. PPH?

You only have to look back at the last PRD Government to know what he's like.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
After listening to that audio and assuming that it wasn't doctored they're definitely NOT joking around. Note he says something to the effect of "Doesn't he know what or who he's messing with?" and it's chilling how nonchalant they sound when he says "We're going to have to kill him...Yep we're just going to have to put a bullet in him".

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Here is the DR1 News summary from yesterday.

Another alleged plot recorded on tape
Four PRD deputies announced on Tuesday, 17 April that they had a tape recording of a telephone conversation between two leading members of Hipolito Mejia's campaign team, Guido Gomez Mazara and Leo Adames, suggesting that they were plotting to kill the PRD president, Miguel Vargas Maldonado.
Vargas Maldonado had sought to be the party's presidential candidate, but lost to Hipolito Mejia in the party primary. The two, nevertheless, have not been able to reconcile their differences and campaign together for a PRD party win.
One of the deputies, Aquiles Ledesma warned that the tape would be handed over to the Justice Ministry for investigations, and that measures would be taken to guarantee the security of Vargas Maldonado and his friends and family.
The announcement was made at a press conference where copies of the alleged taped conversation were handed out to journalists.
Speaking on a radio program, Gomez Mazara dismissed the claims, saying it was similar to the supposed plot against the Haitian Government. Hipolito Mejia's campaign chief Cesar Cedeno said the action by the deputies did not deserve any comment at all.
The taped conversation is transcribed by El Caribe at El Caribe ? Acusan a Guido G?mez de trama para matar a Miguel Vargas
The actual audio is here: Una grabaci?n habla de matar a Miguel Vargas - listindiario.com

Jan 3, 2003
Dominicans who speak "atigueriado" are low class Dominicans. They are uneducated. They have lax moral values and they are used to shouting and screaming to get things done. It is a complete embarrassment for any of us who are Dominicans to be associated with such low level low life speech patterns.

To dare say that such a disgusting form of speech is representative of Dominicans in general is analogical to stating that the way that poor black men in Overtown in Miami speak is representative of the way that Americans in general speak. I mean look at how well Obama speaks so you can note what is correct and incorrect.

I find nothing humorous or comical or redeemable of such an improper use of the Spanish language. It is a bastardization of Spanish and it would be a much happier day for me once that crap gets stripped away from the DR. For many of you though, you revel in our uneducated ways. Thankfully, many in the DR are studying and realizing that the so called Dominican way of speaking Spanish isn't Spanish at all.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Dominicans who speak "atigueriado" are low class Dominicans. They are uneducated. They have lax moral values and they are used to shouting and screaming to get things done. It is a complete embarrassment for any of us who are Dominicans to be associated with such low level low life speech patterns.

To dare say that such a disgusting form of speech is representative of Dominicans in general is analogical to stating that the way that poor black men in Overtown in Miami speak is representative of the way that Americans in general speak. I mean look at how well Obama speaks so you can note what is correct and incorrect.

I find nothing humorous or comical or redeemable of such an improper use of the Spanish language. It is a bastardization of Spanish and it would be a much happier day for me once that crap gets stripped away from the DR. For many of you though, you revel in our uneducated ways. Thankfully, many in the DR are studying and realizing that the so called Dominican way of speaking Spanish isn't Spanish at all.

I have seen many and met a few of those so called politicians, they were hood rats driving around in expensive yipetas. You can take the rat out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the rat.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
O&C: THAT's what you're worried about? The mis-characterization of Dominicans? How about the fact that these guys who by all signs are criminals willing to kill even people of the stature of Miguel Vargas Maldonado are about to be back in power? Talking "Atigueriao" is about to become the least of our problems IMO.

Mar 1, 2009
In their hunger and thirst for power, I wouldn't put it past any Dominican politico to carry out something so heinous. These guys chop people up for the most trivial things already. With the stakes so high for them personally and their lack of vision. I do believe Guido would be dumb enough to blurt that out.
There are so many better choices and the sheep keep voting for these tools and kleptocrats.
Puig, Estrella, Moreno y Serulle. But no, llego Pupu.
Jodense.

I do take umbrage when individuals say our variety of Spanish is not Spanish. However we could clean it up a bit. No e' velda? ;)

Mar 1, 2009
Oh and the PRD is obviously suffering from a type of internal civil war. They are falling apart, can they really govern? Like George Costanza said "a George divided, cannot stand"...

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
What did you expect from Mr. PPH?

You only have to look back at the last PRD Government to know what he's like.

bollocks!
the whole spin is a reflection on the current PLD government and their desperation tactics.

this is supported by the facts that both Pepe Goico and Guido Gomez have both suddenly appeared on front page news in the last couple of weeks as an effort to remind people of some of the "better known" characters associated with the past PRD government.
they believe that by keeping focus on the split between grass roots PRD and the farce MVM clings to will also help the PLD cause.

the PLD think they own the country and can do what they like.....how much have they paid certain people and organs to spread this rubbish?.......and by naming just those two, most on this board have forgotten all the ones that are in power right now.

what's next? hipolito in a voodoo session a la JFPG?

......and anyway.....guido, when he's not talking like an obsessed evangelical about politics, can be one of the most pleasant dominicans you could ever hope to meet.