Fiat Grande Punto 2008 - HELP!!

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Anybody that knows about this car here on the North Coast? Tow truck to the Fiat dealer in Santo Domingo is not so tempting...

The problem...

Fiat Grande Punto 2008 1,4. Car stuck in neutral and won't start. Can't change gear and doesn't turn over. All fuses are ok. We can hot wire it so the motor is running but still it won't go into any gear. And no, it was not the brake switch.

Here is a link to the transmission Fiat Grande Punto Dualogic

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Call Stefan, mechanic with tow truck in Sosua, 809-853-2123 if he can't fix it, he will know someone who can

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
You could try Tinte Transmissions in Puerto Plata.

Wow... we probably know the same guys... :) I am actually taking it there tomorrow even though he recommended me to take it to Santo Domingo (Saying that means he has a lot of work...) Some of his guys had it checked out onsite today...and no Gregg, Stephan..my car is not in their computers....I have seen Tinte fix several transmissions... Maybe it will just be a pit stop before Santo Domingo...

It was a long shot posting the problem here... Fixing a computerized car the Dominican way. I am sure somebody tried it though so,,,,

dom

Jun 1, 2011
the first mistake you made was by buying a crappy piece of crap fiat. in german that translates into fehler in allen teilen, errors in all parts in english.

there is a very good tranny mecanic in pop, apart from tinte its wascar transmissiones, he is the best !!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The right car

the first mistake you made was by buying a crappy piece of crap fiat.

Not the only mistake really.
IMO, it is also a mistake to buy cars loaded with electronics (black boxes) and automatic transmissions.
[The latter is all right if you live in a big city, where there are very good tranny shops.]

Never in my life had I been forced to drive a truck (leaf spring suspensions!!!!!). :devious:
Only in DR! :lick:

donP

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
the first mistake you made was by buying a crappy piece of crap fiat. in german that translates into fehler in allen teilen, errors in all parts in english.

there is a very good tranny mecanic in pop, apart from tinte its wascar transmissiones, he is the best !!

Yes I know I know.... but I got it cheap and the girls love it :rolleyes::rolleyes: I heard about Wascar but do not have his number. As I said Tinte was not to keen on working it. I guess in this case the most important thing is if you have seen this transmission. Do you have the number for Wascar transmissiones?

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010

We used to call Fiat's a "Fix it again Tony".

F - Fix
I - It
A - Again
T - Tony (for the Italian mechanic)

Fun to drive though.........