Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DR1 = How many Dominican residents

Post Thanks / Like

Default DR1 = How many Dominican residents

Just curious, how many contributing members of DR1 are actually residents of the DR, or living in the DR. welcoming any estimates.....

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be 20%.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I live here, but without a cedula so far.
    Is this the kind of data you're looking for?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    My guess would be 20%.
    Only? With all the comments we see on here, you would think that everyone lives here full time...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    Only? With all the comments we see on here, you would think that everyone lives here full time...
    Touche!

While I think you're on the right track, there are a lot of people like me and Mr. AE, who have homes in the DR but aren't there permanently. 'Snowbirds' if you will.

And there are some who don't have a home, but rent each year for months at a time.

Surely you don't think their comments are inadmissable?

There are also people who DO live there year-round, who live in their little expat conclaves and really don't have a clue about the rest of the country.

And then there are the Dominicans on this board who left DR to live elsewhere, in my opinion they are often the ones with the best insight. They know who they are.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

6. Likes Tom F. liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very important to have a cedula&residency specially for us living in SD. It makes things PRETTY easier

8. Likes sabra liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackichan View Post
    It's very important to have a cedula&residency specially for us living in SD. It makes things PRETTY easier

I have now have both, but seriously what are the real benefits??

10. Likes Derfish, Criss Colon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Touche!

While I think you're on the right track, there are a lot of people like me and Mr. AE, who have homes in the DR but aren't there permanently. 'Snowbirds' if you will.

And there are some who don't have a home, but rent each year for months at a time.

Surely you don't think their comments are inadmissable?

There are also people who DO live there year-round, who live in their little expat conclaves and really don't have a clue about the rest of the country.

And then there are the Dominicans on this board who left DR to live elsewhere, in my opinion they are often the ones with the best insight. They know who they are.
    OMG, I would never say that! Especially of you While a lot of people do give out very good up-to-date info and are actually helpful, there's another portion who've been here on vacation a few times and think they know it all. An on top of that, they can't keep their opinions to themselves and present them as if they were facts.

And before anyone asks, I DO live here and have been here full-time for almost 16 years.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is NALS when we need him?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    I have now have both, but seriously what are the real benefits??
    I was told be a judge that even if I pay for car insurance I don't have coverage if I don't have a cedula. That's one, but, yes I'd like to hear more.
    Der Fish

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast