DR1 = How many Dominican residents

Anthony1

Apr 24, 2012
Just curious, how many contributing members of DR1 are actually residents of the DR, or living in the DR. welcoming any estimates.....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Only? With all the comments we see on here, you would think that everyone lives here full time...;)

Touche!

While I think you're on the right track, there are a lot of people like me and Mr. AE, who have homes in the DR but aren't there permanently. 'Snowbirds' if you will.

And there are some who don't have a home, but rent each year for months at a time.

Surely you don't think their comments are inadmissable? :rolleyes:

There are also people who DO live there year-round, who live in their little expat conclaves and really don't have a clue about the rest of the country.

And then there are the Dominicans on this board who left DR to live elsewhere, in my opinion they are often the ones with the best insight. They know who they are.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
It's very important to have a cedula&residency specially for us living in SD. It makes things PRETTY easier

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Touche!

While I think you're on the right track, there are a lot of people like me and Mr. AE, who have homes in the DR but aren't there permanently. 'Snowbirds' if you will.

And there are some who don't have a home, but rent each year for months at a time.

Surely you don't think their comments are inadmissable? :rolleyes:

There are also people who DO live there year-round, who live in their little expat conclaves and really don't have a clue about the rest of the country.

And then there are the Dominicans on this board who left DR to live elsewhere, in my opinion they are often the ones with the best insight. They know who they are.

OMG, I would never say that! Especially of you :D While a lot of people do give out very good up-to-date info and are actually helpful, there's another portion who've been here on vacation a few times and think they know it all. An on top of that, they can't keep their opinions to themselves and present them as if they were facts.

And before anyone asks, I DO live here and have been here full-time for almost 16 years.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
I have now have both, but seriously what are the real benefits??

Reminds me of those days i'd dream of riding on a airplane, lol.

If you considering getting a real job/ insurance services, banking, etc.

Also it makes you more settled in the mind. Don't you think??

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'd like to know how many people living here lead "normal" lives, ie work and have families. I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than 5%.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
why become a resident? The government makes it a pain and the benefits are next to nothing. Applied for residence, got temporary, realized it was not even worth the drive to the capital and let it expire. The government in the DR is not concerned with helping anyone but themselves. Politicans enter public service to steal every dollar possible from the poor people who elected them and thereby get rich.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I'd like to know how many people living here lead "normal" lives, ie work and have families. I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than 5%.

working and having a family doesn't automatically equate to normalcy

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
What is your definition of a normal live, as you describe yours? Definitely not normal for me!

Mar 2, 2008

Just add a few more restricting parameters and you could probably bring the total down to one. Then you could be in a class by yourself, Chip. That should make you very happy.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

How many people in old age home are sick?

WTF does your comment have to do with anything?

Only normal people shop/groceries/ guagau/etc.... basically are involved in everyday activity.?/

That is a self serving comment - without regard to any other person who lives or visits her regularly.

I wager they see things you don't.....

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Any more off-topic comments in response will get deleted and/or a 30-day vacation will be added.

Stick to the topic at hand. This goes for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: