giving birth, best hospital options in area?

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Hi folks, wondering if any of you have had a baby at any of the hospitals of the area, or any friend of yours had it.

Would like to get some feedback to know which is the best option for this important day.

My gf is having her pregnancy medical appointments in Centro Medico Punta Cana. What I have seen inside looks ok, clean, with good, new medical material, etc, but of course I was not able to check the whole hospital ...

Thanks.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I do not know that hospital but one thing that they are REALLY good at here is maternal care

I did a story about the major public hospital here in the
Capital and I took two middle class Dominicans with me and we all expected a horror scene.

and at the end we agreed that we would ALL give birth in that hospital.

Of course, the BEST medical treatment centers are in either SD or Santiago...

but Punta Cana is very new and very modern and I am sure that there are very good doctors there.

And they TRANSPORT very quickly here by ambulance if there is ANY problem at all

They even do this for HAITIANS from the border! Which always astonishs me (and which i ALWAYS repeat in the Haitian forums)

so...

I would think that you

can

breathe

and

relax

Dad!!

congratulations!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Congratulations on your new addition coming. I do not know about Punta Cana but I would just like to applaud you for your effort in finding a safe, clean place for your wife to give birth. This is not done by everyone. You ought to be commended and I just wanted to say that :)

SHALENA

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
and Hospiten DOES rip people off.. I went to the one in the capital for a malaria test and when they saw my visa card they ran $400 worth of blood work! Folks are often fooled by the shiny and bright stuff but that does not mean that they have the best doctors. I will go to Clinic Abreu here in the Capital over Hospiten any day of the week. In fact.. I will never go back to Hospiten,, They are just set up to run foreign insurance company claim forms...!!!!!

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
thanks people for your replies

~Friend of ours just gave birth this past week at Centro Medico Punta Cana...she received excellent care there, she and the baby are doing wonderfully after a Cesarean delivery....

Congratulations and best of luck!!!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I have had two Cesarean Sections here in Higuey at the Clinica Cede?o, They looked after me very well and my room was fastastic. I have had friends who have had babies at both Hospiten and Centro Medico Punta Cana and all have been looked after very well.

I am pregnant with my third and based on my last two experiences I am not worried at all from a medical or sanitary perspective.

The only thing that is lacking is after care, In the UK a health Visitor visits you and the baby at home every week for a month after the baby is born and I think every 6 months after that to check on mother and babys development. My friend is also a breastfeeding coach who helps mums in the hospitals etc. I was not asked or encouraged once by staff in clinics here if i wished or knew how to breastfeed which i think is a shame...I did it anyway of course!

Good luck and Congrats!

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Looks like feedback from the few hospitals in the area are quite good ones. So, as my gf is going to Centro Medico Punta Cana for her doctor appointments, and taking into account this feedback, Im happy to think we will have our baby in that hospital.
Thanks again for your feedback and wishes.

Juanb

Mar 15, 2012
The Dr we saw, for the third time, had not written in my wife's folder that she was pregnant. And we had reminded him the second time.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we had good experiences at the Centro Medico Punta Cana and at Hospiten Bavaro,
the huge difference been that Hospiten writes the really big Bills for even smallest stuff done,
hence since a long Time we stick to Centro Medico Punta Cana.
as for a very good clinic in Higuey I would recommend Clinica Cede?o, never a bad experience of any Family Member there.

Mike