Thread: taxi or guagua from Santo Domingo to SDQ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default taxi or guagua from Santo Domingo to SDQ?

I recently took Transporte Las Terrenas to go from Santo Domingo to LT, then back again to SD.

From the bus station in SD, I then took a taxi back to the airport (SDQ) which was 1200 pesos.

Could I have gotten off earlier than at the bus station, somewhere closer to the airport so that the taxi fare would have been lower?

Is there a cheaper taxi/bus/guagua service from the city to the airport?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi:

Yes, you could have gotten off where the Santo Domingo/Samana highway intersects with highway to Las Americas. You can pick up a taxi from this point, which is about 15 minutes away.

LTS

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    Hi:

Yes, you could have gotten off where the Santo Domingo/Samana highway intersects with highway to Las Americas. You can pick up a taxi from this point, which is about 15 minutes away.

LTS

Is there a drop off point at the intersection? What would I tell the guagua/bus driver where to get off?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Satan made a new order into Hell.
    First is murderers.
    Second is child molesters.
    Third is guagua drivers.
    When I have enough money, I am going to equip my vehicle with steel and sharp edges, and I will look forward to the next time those idiots cut me off, pull in front of me, and run me off the road. Yippey ki yay M.F.!