taxi or guagua from Santo Domingo to SDQ?

Mr_Traveler

Dec 2, 2010
I recently took Transporte Las Terrenas to go from Santo Domingo to LT, then back again to SD.

From the bus station in SD, I then took a taxi back to the airport (SDQ) which was 1200 pesos.

Could I have gotten off earlier than at the bus station, somewhere closer to the airport so that the taxi fare would have been lower?

Is there a cheaper taxi/bus/guagua service from the city to the airport?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

Yes, you could have gotten off where the Santo Domingo/Samana highway intersects with highway to Las Americas. You can pick up a taxi from this point, which is about 15 minutes away.

LTS

Mr_Traveler

Dec 2, 2010
Hi:

Yes, you could have gotten off where the Santo Domingo/Samana highway intersects with highway to Las Americas. You can pick up a taxi from this point, which is about 15 minutes away.

LTS

Is there a drop off point at the intersection? What would I tell the guagua/bus driver where to get off?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Satan made a new order into Hell.
First is murderers.
Second is child molesters.
Third is guagua drivers.
When I have enough money, I am going to equip my vehicle with steel and sharp edges, and I will look forward to the next time those idiots cut me off, pull in front of me, and run me off the road. Yippey ki yay M.F.!