Need help with transportation from Santiago to Punta cana.

May 14, 2012
Hey guys, just registered when i saw all the helpfull tips, before you bump my post i have read multiple past posts. i Have emailed a person named JJ for quotes and whatnot but all those posts where from 2006. What is the best way to get to punta cana from santiago. we are flying into santiago because the flights are much much cheaper and non stop. we are staying tha the la natura eco resort any feed back or ideas, even fun stuff to do in the area would be greatly appreciated. as of now though we need to find some suitable reliable transportation before we book our flight and our hotel is booked for the 24th of may to the 30th. Thanks so much!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
ewow!!! That might not be much savings!!!

A taxi is almost out of the question, at least $300. You do know it is almost 6 hours to get there???? This is not a small island...

Here are instructions for taking the bus. Good luck!!
First you need to get to Santiago proper. A taxi from the airport will be about 30 bucks. Argue of course. but about 30 is a fair price. Depending on what time you get in.
Either Metro or Caribe Tours will get you to Santo Domingo. Another taxi to Parque Enriquillo.( about 150-200 pesos)

Santo Domingo to Punta Cana - Expreso Bavaro (similar to Caribe Tours) or APTRA to Higuey (Similar to Caribe Tours) and Sitrabapu to Punta Cana (take the express bus, similar to Caribe Tours).
Expreso Bavaro leaves from Maximo Gomez, APTRA from Parque Enriquillo. Search the board for more details

Hope this helps a little bit

HB

May 14, 2012
Hey HB, thanks for the info lol, they are drastically cheaper 500 in comparison to 1300. Is JJ still in business? because i sent him an email and got no response. and idn if you would know this but are there any small planes that fly from santiago to puc?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) JJ is in the States, but he still has good friends here. Send a PM to "bachata" and he will get it.
2) Check out general aviation flights....might be interesting but at 169 a pop you eat up your savings!!
3) Have fun...and then tell us about it!

HB

Oh, wait! 600 vs 1300 = 700 savings per person! So if you spend 700 flying back and forth on a charter, you still save 700...heck, go for it!!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
1) JJ is in the States, but he still has good friends here. Send a PM to "bachata" and he will get it.
2) Check out general aviation flights....might be interesting but at 169 a pop you eat up your savings!!
3) Have fun...and then tell us about it!

HB

Oh, wait! 600 vs 1300 = 700 savings per person! So if you spend 700 flying back and forth on a charter, you still save 700...heck, go for it!!

Yes Luis I did this transfer STI / Punta Cana, STI / Babaro several times as some people save good money especially when they are family of four or more members...

I just got the Email and replayed with referral...

I'm always here in DR1 reading the forums.

Regards

JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks JJ.. That was good of you. We always talk about you...as you know....Thanks for helping these people.

HB