Moving to the Dominican Republic questions

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
How hard would it be to become a dominican resident and buy a home in santo domingo? I amcurrently a US citizen in nyc but I work online writing for a website so I can work from the dr and might move there.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
how hard would it be to become a dominican resident and buy a home in santo domingo? I amcurrently a us citizen in nyc but i work online writing for a website so i can work from the dr and might move there.

search!!!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just hit the search button....

Quite easy... can be time consuming w/o a lawyer but the process isn't difficult.

Huge archives on this

AtomicPhil

Feb 6, 2012
A, A
yes gringo, guzman like a lawyer im sure u seen his advertizement all over the board. they do everything for a fee.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
SO basically, I just get a lawyer and they will walk me though everything?

Whatever you do, DON'T get a referral from some "BARIO HOOD RAT" who has a cousin, or knows a friend of a friend ETC.....

And wants money up front......

No probs paying a reputable lawyer up front, but stay away from all that other nonsense.......

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
SO basically, I just get a lawyer and they will walk me though everything?

Absolutely a piece of cake..... furthermore , you don't even need to live here to have residency.
Just appear every 6 months.

Not even too expensive..... but don't skimp.... its still"the system".... you need a seeing eye dog to get through

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Whatever you do, DON'T get a referral from some "BARIO HOOD RAT" who has a cousin, or knows a friend of a friend ETC.....

I met a guy last year on El Conde (where does the time go, the day Osama was killed), outside El Conde who was very pleased with himself having paid a guy to do his residency application for him and gain acceptance within a week, all for RD$20K. When I told him this was impossible he assured me it was legit by showing me his spanking new cedula:ermm:, 3 days I think it took,:paranoid:

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I met a guy last year on El Conde (where does the time go, the day Osama was killed), outside El Conde who was very pleased with himself having paid a guy to do his residency application for him and gain acceptance within a week, all for RD$20K. When I told him this was impossible he assured me it was legit by showing me his spanking new cedula:ermm:, 3 days I think it took,:paranoid:

Hey,

Great, I'm glad it worked out.......

It's all about "risk management"......heard too many horror stories.....

Go with REPUTABLE.....

Carpe Diem

May 17, 2012
Hi, everyone! We are planing to come in Jubne- July to DR and to start the residence procedure, but I've heard that there will be some changes in the immigration law which will really influence the getting residence procedure..Can anyone tell me if its true or just talks?