Phew what a scorcher!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I've recently installed one of those wireless weather stations at my place. It has an external sensor that measures wind speed and direction, rainfall, temperature, barometric pressure, UV and humidity.

It was only 100 bucks from Walmart (AcuRite 8" Professional Digital Wireless Weather Center - Walmart.com )but it works much better than the semiprofessional one that I had before.

As a pilot, I like to keep a weather eye out and i've been trying to study the weather patterns here. Like sailors, we can get caught out by it's rapid unpredictability around these parts and we don't have the luxury of the fantastic support from NOAA. You have be able to try and guess the weather from the limited data available, although I'll never be an expert like Mike Fisher.

One interesting feature of this unit is the heat index indication. It gives you a figure of what the temperature feels like when factoring humidity and sunlight. Today's heat index is showing 50C, that's 122F to you North Americans! Phew! Time to cool off with a pequena with it's vestida de novia!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've recently installed one of those wireless weather stations at my place. It has an external sensor that measures wind speed and direction, rainfall, temperature, barometric pressure, UV and humidity.

It was only 100 bucks from Walmart (AcuRite 8" Professional Digital Wireless Weather Center - Walmart.com )but it works much better than the semiprofessional one that I had before.

As a pilot, I like to keep a weather eye out and i've been trying to study the weather patterns here. Like sailors, we can get caught out by it's rapid unpredictability around these parts and we don't have the luxury of the fantastic support from NOAA. You have be able to try and guess the weather from the limited data available, although I'll never be an expert like Mike Fisher.

One interesting feature of this unit is the heat index indication. It gives you a figure of what the temperature feels like when factoring humidity and sunlight. Today's heat index is showing 50C, that's 122F to you North Americans! Phew! Time to cool off with a pequena with it's vestida de novia!

Why in the world does anyone want one of those devices. I know it is hot, I don't want to know it is the equivalent of 122F. That makes me more uncomfortable because of the heat than I already am.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Now I have heard some excuses for drinking a beer before but, ''I just bought a new weather station!'' is the best all year.

Goodonya....!