Sosua Mayor's Plan To Deal With Flooding

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]In the past week it rained again very hard several times. It really poured down heavily, so the main street Pedro Clisante was impassable each time it rained.[/h][h=5]It is always at the same places where the water stands very high. Opposite the Merenguebar, on the corner of El Flow bar, at the crossroads at the Super Super and in front of City Hall the water stands knee high. The mayor has commissioned a few engineers with a solution to this problem. This solution consists of the creation of overflow areas where the water, in heavy rain, can flow away quickly. It requires that at different places in the main street small walls have to be removed and canals be constructed. The owners of the establishments in the main street now suffer loss of revenue and are very enthusiastic about this approach of the mayor.[/h]I've lived in Sosua for 12 years. I have seen more efforts by the local mayor to make things better in Sosua than all previous mayors combined.

I doubt she will end up with the fortune that others accumulated during their time in political office since her priority seems to be investment in the betterment of the town.

travelbear

May 8, 2012
Always good to see a politician working towards solutions to a problem. My wife and I are travelling to Sosua next week hoping the sunshine will come with us.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sosua just keeps on getting better and better. We are friendly, cute and soon to be dry. What more could you ask for?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Large holes, presumably for drainage installation, are being dug at several places going up Camino Llibere. Started today. Lots of the floodwater water comes from up there.
And I agree, she's doing an exceptional so far.

Last edited:

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Wellies for the top 100 looking putas!
Mmmm
Sounds Good!

Wellies.jpg

Are those your undies Tambo??

Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
Casa Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Had to look up "wellies". "Wellies" is Britspeak for Wellington boots. Whats wrong stiletto heels? Love watching those long legged beauties negotiating the broken streets and sidewalks in stilettos.