Island DOminican Dating

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
I have lived in the DR for two months now. There are men and women of all ages who have been foreigners who are or were in relationship with dominican locals. What seems to attract them? Many are attracted due to the good looks of dominicans, the mystique of dating someone on a beautiful tropical island, wanting to date a latina or latino or other things. What attracts everyone here?

May 12, 2005
20549214.jpg

Attachments

• sosua.jpg
    sosua.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 205

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
With only 2 months, and depending on where you hang out .....

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4sVi0ou9h-Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;)

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
I have lived in the DR for two months now. There are men and women of all ages who have been foreigners who are or were in relationship with dominican locals. What seems to attract them? Many are attracted due to the good looks of dominicans, the mystique of dating someone on a beautiful tropical island, wanting to date a latina or latino or other things. What attracts everyone here?

Have been foreigners? Do they stay to live there?

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
I think the question was what attracts the foreigners to a Dominican native, not vice versa.

Okay ... my attraction to the Dominican ladies ....

I am attracted by their stimulating conversation, and their ability to converse (in perfect Spanish or English) on a wide variety of topics. It is so refreshing to be able to debate the affairs of the world with them. Their political awareness is second to none.

It always amazes me how, whenever we go out, how they will just whip out their credit cards and offer to pay for everything. They have such an amazing talent for handling savings and investment. And what they do with money ... others could really learn from them.

They have an incredible sense of fashion. Everything from the clothes to the makeup is so .... mmmmmm. You can take them anywhere, and proudly display them on your arm.

Whenever I pay a visit, I can be sure of an outstanding meal, prepared with the attention of a world class chef. And the variety of dishes is simply out of this world. I find it ... impressive.

I cannot help but wonder, while we sit in their spacious, well appointed homes ... discussing the many books that we have read together ... how lucky I am to have found paradise!

Hope that helps.

;)

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
Okay ... my attraction to the ladies ....

I am attracted by their stimulating conversation, and their ability to converse (in perfect Spanish or English) on a wide variety of topics. It is so refreshing to be able to debate the affairs of the world with them. Their political awareness is second to none.

It always amazes me how, whenever we go out, how they will just whip out their credit cards and offer to pay for everything. They have such an amazing talent for handling savings and investment. And what they do with money ... others could really learn from them.

They have an incredible sense of fashion. Everything from the clothes to the makeup is so .... mmmmmm. You can take them anywhere, and proudly display them on your arm.

Whenever I pay a visit, I can be sure of an outstanding meal, prepared with the attention of a world class chef. And the variety of dishes is simply out of this world. I find it ... impressive.

I cannot help but wonder, while we sit in their spacious, well appointed homes ... discussing the many books that we have read together ... how lucky I am to have found paradise!

Hope that helps.

;)

Is that a joke?

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
BB ... don't tell them anything. You will ruin it for us if they find out!!! Let them keep looking in all the wrong places.

:classic:

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
Actually quite well written sarcasm. You can just never tell because a lot of times people are serious when they write stuff like that. Maybe Im just too much of a dumbass to know the difference.:classic:

facelessdoll

Oct 20, 2011
Okay ... my attraction to the Dominican ladies ....

Hope that helps.

;)

I'm starting to get the impression that a lot of the ex-pats here love to bash Dominican women. It makes me wonder why they live/visit a country they find so below them.