hotel costs

potatohead

May 10, 2012
Hope I'm not becoming a nusiance. I have been reading my guide book and it gives the up to date costs of hotel stays.........the cheapest seem to run around 25 usd per nite......hummm....My plan is to travel around from town to town and try to see as much as i can of the country without exhausting myself.....therefore renting a place for a couple of months won't work too well.....My stay will lasts 4 months.......if.......I can find hotels for a little cheaper than 25/nite.....so question is, Are there cheaper hotels or accomodation that I'm not hearing about? When I'm traveling, like most people i suppose; I only use my hotel for sleeping. The rest of the time I'm out exploring, ect..........so it doesn't need to be very nice..........tv would be good.........anyway, those in the know, give it to me.............PH

Feb 7, 2007
Most hotels in smaller cities cost 500-800 pesos per night, a basic room with AC, TV, maybe a fridge, shower (maybe a hot water). That's as cheap as it gets. There are some "places" that rent rooms for as low as 300 to 400 pesos, only with a fan, old bed, no TV, and many times shared bathroom. You most likely will find cueros and drogadictos and other shady individuos frequenting the place.

Jan 17, 2009
You may find here and there something for less than $25 but in my opinion, not good enough not even for overnighting. Go una notch, USD30-35, and you'll find some clean, decent places to stay, with a private bathroom, just simple and clean.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Hey Potathead, you might want to google hostels in the Dominican Republic, or zero in on where you are planning to make your pit stops. Good Luck

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
CABANAS

Most towns have at least one cabana, usually after 10 0r 11 PM you can crash all night until 8 or 9 in the morning, If you're packing light and don't need a place to store your stuff those can be a good option. I've seen them as cheap as 300 pesos. Read the cabana section on this site, that's where I learned about them. One thing is certain in the DR, cash is king. If you show up at most small hotels and offer to pay cash up front, they almost always make you a great deal, slower days during the week are better, oh and the later the better. Hope this helps.

riktravel

Jun 1, 2012
Dear Friend I am not a tourist guide so I have not more knowledge about cheapest hotel and yes how could idea that this is the cheapest hotel until we would not stay any hotel. after that we could decide that, this is the qualityful and cheapest hotel and his service is very good.right
If you are urgent need then according me Google is the best way for searching you can find everything here.
Thanks