New en dr1

Nacer

May 19, 2012
I am a winter bird from Canada (Vancouver) i am going to be in D Rep next fall 2012. I'm planning to stay in Prto Plata or la RamAna ? not sure yet?? ( witch is the best destination for a mature person like me with a reasonable budget)? . My Spanish is not bad, could be better...I hope a secure furnished accommodation for one person in the center of town, not far from the beach and all amenities. I am preoccupied by the water and electricity services, and cell phone network couverture. I could pay more or less, $200 (CAD) a month furnished all inclusive . i hope some good fellow could guide me. God bless you all. Thanks:nervous:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Welcome!

You're willing to pay CAD$200 for an apartment? If so, you're not going to find much. If you're looking for furnished in a decent safe area, forget it, it's not going to happen, you'll need to triple your budget.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I am a winter bird from Canada (Vancouver) i am going to be in D Rep next fall 2012. I'm planning to stay in Prto Plata or la RamAna ? not sure yet?? ( witch is the best destination for a mature person like me with a reasonable budget)? . My Spanish is not bad, could be better...I hope a secure furnished accommodation for one person in the center of town, not far from the beach and all amenities. I am preoccupied by the water and electricity services, and cell phone network couverture. I could pay more or less, $200 (CAD) a month furnished all inclusive . i hope some good fellow could guide me. God bless you all. Thanks:nervous:

Welcome, I am an ex-Vancouverite living in Santo Domingo

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Welcome Nacer! You may have some difficulties finding an "all inclusive" apartment for $200.00 a month, unless it is in a barrio. Perhaps you should also give a map a look. The two cities you have referred to are at opposite ends of the D.R., therefore different weather patterns. Good luck.

Nacer

May 19, 2012
Yeah Thank you guys fro dropping by...Means in Dom Rep is more expensive than Mexico ?? i was last winter in PV downtown not far from the well known Malecon ...Rented a descent place for 3000 Mxc Pesos. all included (cable Tv as well) ......so for 10.000 (maximum), Dom pesos we can't rent a place in a middle class area! surprised!!??.

Nacer

May 19, 2012
Hi rendul
Barrio...??? means not secure place...no electricity and water all the times and so on...
Thanks in advance for your help.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
You must live at the YMCA in Vancouver as it's the most expensive city in Canada if you only have budget of $200 per month?

Equador might be within your means....Quito...I think it's called.

Nacer

May 19, 2012
Hi Bud..i am here in New West...you are in Santo domingo a big town hah...far from the beach? i am here close to Fraser river and English bay ..je je yeah no comparaison with the carraibean...do you mean Santo domingo is better than Puerto Plata for people one a limited budget?? by the way nice weather here in Vancouver.

Nacer

May 19, 2012
je je je you are Funny...YMCA is expensive as well ..no i am renting one bedroom ...in New West vancouver Bc all included is about $900. i will be in Rep dom for 6 months ..next fall Ojalaa...paying 2 rent here s and abroad.. that's a lot of money ...Mike! maybe you are the son of Rockfeller...i am not.
Thanks god je je

Nacer

May 19, 2012
hi again here have a look ... [h=1]Dominican CENTRAL Classified Ads[/h][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For rent long term, full furniture one bedroom apartment in a secure and quiet small apartment building with pool. Price 250$US per month plus electricity (meter) and propane for cooking. For information, call ....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Price: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]250$US[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Location: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sosua[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date posted: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May 18 2012[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date expires: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jun 8 2012[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Viewed: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]344 times[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]?a te bouche un coin..?? [/FONT]

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Hi Bud..i am here in New West...you are in Santo domingo a big town hah...far from the beach? i am here close to Fraser river and English bay ..je je yeah no comparaison with the carraibean...do you mean Santo domingo is better than Puerto Plata for people one a limited budget?? by the way nice weather here in Vancouver.

Santo Domingo is about a half hour ride to the closest beach. I have a contact in POP, i will ask him what he thinks of your request

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Cancel that, just read some reviews on this place and won't recommend it

Last edited: