Terramar complex

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
I am very interested in the terramar complex. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have access to the complex and can show me around?

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I am very interested in the terramar complex. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have access to the complex and can show me around?

Hi again, Alex. Should you be interested in purchasing a property in Terramar, seek out one of the many realtors in the Sosua/Cabarete area, explain your budget/requirements i.e 2-3-4 bedroom house etc., beleive me, they will be pleased for your business.

tim c

May 3, 2007
Hi Alax...The most honest realitor I have dealt with is Mike McDermot Phone number 829 678 2975. Many gringos seem to turn into dishonest people while living here. Mike is not one of them.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Hi Alax...The most honest realitor I have dealt with is Mike McDermot Phone number 829 678 2975. Many gringos seem to turn into dishonest people while living here. Mike is not one of them.

This may be better for the clown bin

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
Thanks j&t's future but I wasn't really interested in a real estate professional. I really wanted to meet someone who lives there or a friend of someone who lives there, to give me first hand knowledge about the complex, good and bad experiences while living there, and especially dealing with the owner of terramar.

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
Once again, does anyone spend time in Terramar with a property owner? Does anyone frequent the facilities? Pool, tennis courts, restaurant any good? Anybody, any info what so ever???

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
We have a house in Terramar and are very happy with it. Unfortunately we don't get to spend too much time there as retirement is still a bit away but we look forward to all our time there largely due to the many friends and neighbours around us. I have a hard time believing the poster on a previous thread compaining about noise and rowdies. One of our favorite past times there is enjoying quiet nights on the deck enjoying the peace, quiet and stars. Never even hear the traffic from the nearby road thanks to the hills. The owners tend to be an older crowd (like us!) as well so not much late night partying going on.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
We have a house in Terramar and are very happy with it. Unfortunately we don't get to spend too much time there as retirement is still a bit away but we look forward to all our time there largely due to the many friends and neighbours around us. I have a hard time believing the poster on a previous thread compaining about noise and rowdies. One of our favorite past times there is enjoying quiet nights on the deck enjoying the peace, quiet and stars. Never even hear the traffic from the nearby road thanks to the hills. The owners tend to be an older crowd (like us!) as well so not much late night partying going on.

Any chance you can give your experience with the electricity cost as this seems to be an issue with some people on DR1. From what I have been told, the price per kw hour is 12 pesos, although a bit high, is still reasonable considering 24/7 service. Others claim the price is double the amount I have quoted.

Sosua Citizens2

Jun 21, 2011
Sunset Valley/ Terramar

QUOTE=alexdr;1094277]I am very interested in the terramar complex. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have access to the complex and can show me around?[/QUOTE]

My wife and I have lived very happily here for several years and take great exception to the post from the person who makes negative comments based upon spending a couple of weekends here. Also the comparison between Costimbar and Terramar was like comparing an apple to an orange.
We have lived in Sosua for over 20 years and find living here in Sunset Valley very affordable ( averages $540/mo for administration, maintenance, electricity, water and security). It's very scenic, exceedingly quiet, very secure and clean.....only 5 min from downtown Sosua. Two new homes are currently under construction.
The other feature we enjoy is the lots are spacious and the homes are not crowded together.
Find a competent realtor and please check it out.:)

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
We are also curious about the restaurant! Quite a change from the tennis club that could never seem to keep going. (Too bad as I am an avid tennis player). We miss Terramar/Sunset Valley a lot and can't wait to get back again soon