Dominican senator calls for reducing salaries.

Feb 7, 2007
Wow...these Dominican salaries of the "officials" are staggering ... I was just reading yesterday that the joint chief of staff in my country earns about 5.000 euro per month, our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq earn about 7.000 euro per month with all the risk bonuses ...still a far shot from the 500k salary in the DR of some of the "officials" and "politicians". What a country! 500k pesos = 10.5k Euros.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Wow...these Dominican salaries of the "officials" are staggering ... I was just reading yesterday that the joint chief of staff in my country earns about 5.000 euro per month, our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq earn about 7.000 euro per month with all the risk bonuses ...still a far shot from the 500k salary in the DR of some of the "officials" and "politicians". What a country! 500k pesos = 10.5k Euros.

And I am sure this salary does not include the side-benefits, and the "unofficial" kick-backs

BelgianK

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Where do I apply..........
Been looking for a well paid job where I don't do anything.......

B in Santiago

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Where do I apply..........
Been looking for a well paid job where I don't do anything.......

B in Santiago

You have to do a test-period of one month. The guy who managed to steal the most, gets the job.

BelgianK

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The salary is peanuts compared to what they really reel in. To begin with the "benefits" are staggering and on top of that they get an amount to spend at their discretion called "El Barrilito". As part of this Barrilito they get 400k + 1 per person in their jurisdiction capped at 900k. This is supposed to be a "fund for social assistance" to be spent on social programs and help the needed within their province, but they can spend it any way they feel like with no accountability.

The sad thing is that a while back Senators were complaining that their salaries needed to be raises, because the Diputados were making more money.