*** upgrades ***

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Saw it last night and this morning. I hope we keep the option of seeing all threads instead of all posts ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Saw it last night and this morning. I hope we keep the option of seeing all threads instead of all posts ;)

If you are saying what I think you are saying, I agree. I find the new activity stream an annoyance, one more step that I must go through in order to get to "New Posts" where I can see the entire thread.

Is there some way to turn it off?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you are saying what I think you are saying, I agree. I find the new activity stream an annoyance, one more step that I must go through in order to get to "New Posts" where I can see the entire thread.

Is there some way to turn it off?

No idea if we'll be able to choose but I'm not crazy about having to see ALL NEW POSTS lined up. I prefer that the threads that have new posts pop up but I want to choose which threads to click and read. In other words I want it like it is now. ;)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I hadn't even noticed it as I have bookmarked...

http://dr1.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

If you bookmark the above, you'll always get a list of all threads updated since your last visit.

Note, bookmark the exact link above. Once in the browser, it will return the list with an url of something like"http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1786049" or similar - if you bookmark that, it won't work.

Additional Note, at least in safari, I can right click the "Get All New Posts" option under "New Posts" at top of this page, and choose to bookmark it. This accomplishes the same thing I'm suggesting. Not sure if IE, Firefox, etc have that option.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I hadn't even noticed it as I have bookmarked...

http://dr1.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

If you bookmark the above, you'll always get a list of all threads updated since your last visit.

Note, bookmark the exact link above. Once in the browser, it will return the list with an url of something like"http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1786049" or similar - if you bookmark that, it won't work.

Yes but will that change with this upgrade? That is the question. Will we get both options or will we be stuck with a list of new posts as in Robert's link? Right now the button/icon isn't there yet.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No idea if we'll be able to choose but I'm not crazy about having to see ALL NEW POSTS lined up. I prefer that the threads that have new posts pop up but I want to choose which threads to click and read. In other words I want it like it is now. ;)

I was wrong in my previous post. It doesn't add a step. This change replaces something else, so no more clicks needed to open "New Posts'.

However, my opinion of the change is the same; it is of no value to me. The page it replaces had some value in that if I knew I wanted to start a thread in the Legal of North Coast forums I could go immediately there by scrolling down the list of forums. However, I can live with the change.

What I would not want to give up, like you, Anna, is the ability to easily see the list of threads that have changed since we were last on the board. I want to be able to easily open the threads I am interested in and see the flow since the last time. I don't want to have to scroll down a list of last posts, many of which I am not interested it.

So, no more complaints from me about this particular "upgrade" as long as there are no plans to take away being able to open up the changed threads when we click on New Posts.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Is there an easier way to edit posts without going thru all the annoying steps? I tried to edit a post the other day, it was a pain. Once a person posts something, if they see they want to make changes, why is it that it cannot be edited right away without going through a bunch of steps. Maybe Im doing something wrong, if so, can someone tell me??:)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is there an easier way to edit posts without going thru all the annoying steps? I tried to edit a post the other day, it was a pain. Once a person posts something, if they see they want to make changes, why is it that it cannot be edited right away without going through a bunch of steps. Maybe Im doing something wrong, if so, can someone tell me??:)

Not sure what steps you mean but after posting you have 10 mins to edit or forget it. Hit the edit button, your post comes up, you fix it and then hit save changes. That's it. ;)

I'm now editing or adding and what you see when editing is the "advanced version" rather than the quick reply you normally use. No big deal.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

Like Anna, I don't understand what problem you are talking about. If I finish a post and want to edit it after it is published, I just click on the "edit" button under the post, make the changes, and save it. Could not be simpler.

I have even been able to make changes this way after going to another thread or leaving DR1 altogether, as long as I got back to my post within 10 minutes and before somebody else had posted.

I don't see how Robert could make it any easier than it already is.

PS: I am now editing this post for the 2nd time just to confirm it is as easily done as always

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert, will we see "Mark Forums Read" button again??

Is that the one under the icon forum action? I never used it because when hitting the new posts icon the threads I have already read do not come up in bold

Hey I can see who has read this thread at the bottom. Anyone else see it

Last edited:

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Not sure what steps you mean but after posting you have 10 mins to edit or forget it. Hit the edit button, your post comes up, you fix it and then hit save changes. That's it. ;)

I'm now editing or adding and what you see when editing is the "advanced version" rather than the quick reply you normally use. No big deal.

Thanks Anna and Ken............Stupid me......wasn`t saving it, duuuuh. While I have yu both here, can you tell me how to just pick out specific quotes of posts and not the whole post when replying to the post?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
............Stupid me......

On your keyboard you should have a key entitled "delete", when depressed will remove the text.
Just be sure not to alter the brackets or you will make a hodge podge of the post.
WOW.......259 to go!

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
[/COLOR]
On your keyboard you should have a key entitled "delete", when depressed will remove the text.
Just be sure not to alter the brackets or you will make a hodge podge of the post.
WOW.......259 to go!

You`re a funny guy.......just won`t let it go eh?? I suppose you get some kind of pleasure out of trying to make others feel inferior. You`re insecurity is showing. I think you gotta get a life my friend. got toooooooo much time on your hands.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
While I have yu both here, can you tell me how to just pick out specific quotes of posts and not the whole post when replying to the post?

When you hit the " reply with quote" button just back space anything you don't want between these two

[-------QUOTE=young seniors;1094450] blah blah blah
[/-----QUOTE]

I added the extra ------ only for demonstration purposes, then proceed to type what you want to say.

You can also preview post before submitting. Tambo is right he just has a funny way of saying things ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
While I have yu both here, can you tell me how to just pick out specific quotes of posts and not the whole post when replying to the post?

To reply to this message, I clicked the reply with quotes button under your post. I then left clicked and slid cursor over first sentence then clicked delete on my keyboard, just like you would to delete something from a document or email.

You can remove anything you want that way as long as you do not remove the
............ said:
at the start of the message you are quoting or the
at the end of the message you are quoting. Anything in between can be deleted.