Murio Papa: A good thing according to article in FT.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Benedict Mander of Financial Times in his article, DR: ‘stability’ candidate wins, sums up the benefit of Hippo's lost perfectly in the one liner: Papa didn't make it and the markets breathed a sigh of relief. Below is the exact quote and a link to the article.
“Daddy”, as the populist former president chose to style himself in his election campaign, did not come home as promised – and the markets breathed a sigh of relief.

DR: ‘stability’ candidate wins | beyondbrics

NutLurking

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Papa's marketing team should be shot...that one pose foto of him looked evil!!!

Which one? This one:
showimage.php

Or this one
Hipolito-Mejia.jpg

NotLurking

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't blame the photographer - it's the object that is crooked :)
there is no hiding that hipolito has slighly puerkish features, when i first saw his llego papa poster i thought, with my shortsightness, it was a nasty work by PLD with a pig in a suit and glasses.
maybe he should not be photographed from below.

2lri4j.jpg

shawnatmann

Sep 22, 2011
I agree that maintaining the status quo is good for business in the DR. I especially like his stated commitment to education in the DR. I have viewed the curricula of various technical schools in the DR with regards to hiring staff, and I think that they are in the right direction over the short term, but lacks development of theories and foundations necessary for innovation and new technologies, particularly in the computer hardware and software areas. Another thing on my wishlist is the expansion of the fibre optic network and the expansion of cloud servers within the country for the development of cloud based computing technologies. Another need is the expansion of online digital libraries in the DR, which from what I can tell are quite limited. I spoke to KOBO executives about their intentions in this regard, and their only response was, "Unfortunately, at the moment, we are at capacity bringing on our latest group of partners. I think the earliest we'd be able to speak on this would be in Q4 of this year." So, I will be taking it into my own hands to build an ebook infrastucture with the hope of increasing access to knowledge to all Dominicans, and to bring Dominican literature and knowledge to the world for the benefit and advancement of the Dominican authors, researchers, and the Dominicans at large.

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
don't blame the photographer - it's the object that is crooked :)
there is no hiding that hipolito has slighly puerkish features, when i first saw his llego papa poster i thought, with my shortsightness, it was a nasty work by PLD with a pig in a suit and glasses.
maybe he should not be photographed from below.

2lri4j.jpg

How ironic that this is the hippo who insinuated that President Obama was born in Africa and less good looking than Dominicans because of this.

Last edited: