Claro phone reception

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Just want to see if its only me getting poor phone coverage over past week.

I just switched to an iphone plan away from blackberry and maybe coincidentally I now have the worst experience in terms of dropped calls. I cannot speak for more than 5 minutes to anyone without dropping the call, as well very bad reception at times. Never had this problem in the past but now its impossible to carry on conversations.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have an Android phone activated with Claro and, depending upon the number called, I have the same issue. However, since it is number-dependent, I think it must be an issue with the US number I am calling.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I find that a lot of people using Blackberry on Claro get dropped calls. I do not know why, or who is at fault, Blackberry phones or Claro, but that is what I see all the time. IPhone does not have this problem on Claro, or most other phones, but Blackberry and Claro do not mix.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I find that a lot of people using Blackberry on Claro get dropped calls. I do not know why, or who is at fault, Blackberry phones or Claro, but that is what I see all the time. IPhone does not have this problem on Claro, or most other phones, but Blackberry and Claro do not mix.

I think the accurate statement is "Claro and good service dont mix"

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

I had a blackberry for 3 yeras here with no real issues beyond the typical Claro service issues. I bought a new Iphone 4s in the usa direct from apple(unlocked) I had a prepaid sim card put in for a couple weeks while in Canada. Upon my return I had Claro set me up with new iphone plan. I dont know if its a coincidence, but now the past week since having I am plagged with constant dropped calls and bad reception. There is no way I can live with this, so now I feel I have to buy anotrher blackberry and go back and shelf the iphone...Has anyone else experienced this?? Another datapoint-i gave them the 5 numbers i use most which supplies the first 5 minutes of free calling. I have not downloaded any apps for this but also feel when speaking to those individuals the calls drop all the time

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I had a blackberry for 3 yeras here with no real issues beyond the typical Claro service issues. I bought a new Iphone 4s in the usa direct from apple(unlocked) I had a prepaid sim card put in for a couple weeks while in Canada. Upon my return I had Claro set me up with new iphone plan. I dont know if its a coincidence, but now the past week since having I am plagged with constant dropped calls and bad reception. There is no way I can live with this, so now I feel I have to buy anotrher blackberry and go back and shelf the iphone...Has anyone else experienced this?? Another datapoint-i gave them the 5 numbers i use most which supplies the first 5 minutes of free calling. I have not downloaded any apps for this but also feel when speaking to those individuals the calls drop all the time

I would take that phone into one of the main Claro offices and have them re-program the phone. I know a lot of people using Iphones on Claro and none have this issue. Where do you live?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I would take that phone into one of the main Claro offices and have them re-program the phone. I know a lot of people using Iphones on Claro and none have this issue. Where do you live?

Ok will do! I live in Bella Vista S.D.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
That works does it JD!

I really thought the 2.5 hour visit last week just getting the plan setup and their feeble unsuccessful attempts to transfer my contacts from the existing BB plan-was enough of an investment. They are pittiful down there!!