Hotel (Cabana) near airport Santiago

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Have a friend with young daughter and a DOG who will be flying out of Santiago on Spirit 2 AM flight. I checked the Hodelpa Garden Court and they could have a security guard watch their dog. This does not sound like the best option to me. Has anybody done this?? Otherwise, I'd guess the only other option is a cabana, correct?? The cabana environment does not seem like the best for a young girl, but is there one close to the airport that is a bit more legit?? What is the name, address, phone?? thanks!!!! ...tom

Adrien

Jun 13, 2012
Hotel Cabana is very good for those who have to travel with their pets. I think this is a hotel where you can go with your pet.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Not sure I fully understand. If they're leaving the DR, why do they need a hotel for that night?

Either way, the dog should be fine with security at the Hodelpa. Good newer hotel (used to be a Marriott Courtyard). Further, the accommodations there are far more appropriate for a young girl than a cabana, which is basically a sex motel. The dog would likely just sleep in the crate anyway, and I presume that they'll be on their way in the morning, so no worries.