a new gas station for Sosua...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Lukoil_logo.png

...has suddenly appeared, like a chrysalis in the midst of the old semi-construction just before the 'new' carwash.

Does Sosua really need a second Bomba?

Lukoil has arrived!

Jan 17, 2009
Does it matter? One could ask the same about a new restaurant or hotel. If it not needed. The owners will soon find out ... Th hard way.

...has suddenly appeared, like a chrysalis in the midst of the old semi-construction just before the 'new' carwash.

Cajou

Mar 9, 2012
Second Bomba?

Pienso que si. Porque ahora tenemos Texaco (1), Coastal/Ancla (2) y tambien una en Terremar (3) y una frente al aguaparque (4). Entonces, pienso yo, la pregunta es, si Sosua necisita una quinto.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
So are we talking 'bomba' or 'planta' ?? ...... bomba serves gasoline and planta serves propane gas.......
@cajou - frente aguaparque es la bomba Shell

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Yes, I now see that it is in fact a planta not a bomba.

Off-topic
As for pizza <way off-topic> have you tried Albertos (round the corner from caipirinha). Ok, so it's not exactly redolent of Napoli, but still the best in sosua

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, I now see that it is in fact a planta not a bomba. Off-topic As for pizza <way off-topic> have you tried Albertos (round the corner from caipirinha). Ok, so it's not exactly redolent of Napoli, but still the best in sosua
Off topic, I don't know where Albertos or Caipiranha are located so no, I have not tried Alberto's pizza. As for propane or gasoline stations, the more the merrier since it is easier to find a place to fill up.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
some negative experience at coastal. The employees already tried to cheat 3 times within less than 10 days! I never ever will go there to fill up my tank. who is owner? wasn't it sold some time ago?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
anyhow it was hidden behind the wall near where the old gym is, the wall was later knocked down to reveal the secret building of the gas/propane station behind it

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Off topic, I don't know where Albertos or Caipiranha are located so no, I have not tried Alberto's pizza. As for propane or gasoline stations, the more the merrier since it is easier to find a place to fill up.

Albertos is opposite Bologna, small place. (caipirinha is the 24hr restaurant)

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
for years i only went to Coastal, because of the good experience but since a while now a guy works there and tries to cheat in different ways.
usually this dude works on the first filling station (next to the street). I know 2 other persons he tried the same game too,

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
well you should make sure the owner hears about it. Im sure he would want to know about this.

How has he tried to cheat you?

charges to credit card - instead charging 3,400 pesos he put 4,300 pesos (at night it can be easily overseen) and when claimed the error he has the 900 pesos difference already in a separate pocket. not only happened to me and not only once.....
my son's car only takes 1,900 pesos when total empty and max 2,000 pesos when you really squeeze in the last drop; the employee put the nozzle back on the hook and immediately put the level up that the amount is reset to zero, and then he was asking 2,300 pesos!!!
Well for that particular car we bought gasoline there twice a week before.... now not anymore!
He was cleaning the windshield of my friends car, when she told him tank full please.... well when he finished he asked for money for cleaning the windshield, he was asking 200 pesos!!!

For years the service was perfect, but now i rather buy gasoline at Shell than getting into stupid discussion with a crook. If you know the owner, please tell him. Believe me i am not the only one who stopped going there.