punta cana night life

tanicos

May 28, 2012
hi all

i will relocate to Dominican Republic next week for a few good years i hope. I've been browsing the internet for 1 week now to see where is better or suited for me to stay.
i am 28 years old, single and would really like to enjoy my staying there because that's what i've been dreaming about.

so narrowing my searches i've found Cabarete, Sosua, Puerto Plata and finally Punta Cana. As i can see Punta Cana has more tourists and is a little bigger than the other 3 mentioned above. I found some great apartments in the golf area, white sands, cocotal, bavaro. Now i want to know how is the night life or at least the day to day life in Punta Cana. Are there any beach bars or parties or barbecues or stuff like that where you can drink a beer or a cocktail or even a fire camp maybe.

Do please let me know so i can make my decision...

Thanks a lot. great forum btw.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Welcome to the DR and to DR1.
The main drawback here in PC/B?varo is that things are very spread out. There are several spots dotted around the area, but it depends what you are looking for. Large nightclubs - Imagine, Mang? and Oro. Bohemian bar scene/live music - Fotobar. Beach bars - Playa Blanca, Juanillo, and several in B?varo. Other bars - Punta Cava in Punta Cana Village, Danny's Sports Bar in Los Corales. Posters in B?varo will know of others.