Retirement Rental in Punta Cana Area

TOPDOGJIM

May 31, 2012
We will be staying at the majestic elegance this September and would like to explore the area for retirement. We are working on a 5 year plan. Could someone recommend an agent, or areas where to start looking? We are looking for a two bedroom apartment, safe area with other ex-pat retirees. Any help would be great.

Thanks, great forum....

Jim

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
We will be staying at the majestic elegance this September and would like to explore the area for retirement. We are working on a 5 year plan. Could someone recommend an agent, or areas where to start looking? We are looking for a two bedroom apartment, safe area with other ex-pat retirees. Any help would be great.

Thanks, great forum....

Jim

~It depends if you are looking to purchase or rent an apartment or house. There are numerous apartment complexes in the El Cortecito area that have 24 hour security that are gated and safe, a house on the other hand would have Nonexistent security while you are not there...IMO the apartment is the safer way to go, plus the added security of neighbors as well that are close by....If you would like additional information or questions answered I can help you...just PM me I will be happy to assist you.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Cocotal has hundreds of apts. and houses for sale or rent. Very secure on a 27 hole golf course. I would start there.

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
I will echo what windeguy said, that the Punta Cana isn't a place with many retirees living here full time. Most I have met here only spend up to 6 months a year here during the coldest months in Canada and USA. Could be very lonely in the summer months, if you are a social person I would suggest you consider other options.