Moving to PC area... a few questions..

95civhb

Jan 25, 2012
I'm going to be relocating to PC area (Cap Cana area specifically) in the summer, and was wondering a few things:

a) Air conditioners - the place where I'll be living doesn't have one. I'm not used to warm temperatures, and I suspect I'll need one. What kind of cost would I be looking at for a small air conditioner (something energy star rated, similar to this: 5,200 BTU Room Air Conditioner ENERGY STAR?- Kenmore-Appliances-Air Conditioners-Window Air Conditioners Is it more economical to buy it and have it shipped in?

b) Electronics - I'm considering buying an xbox 360/ps3 - again, same question. Cost in the DR, or more economical to have it shipped in?

c) Transportation - I'd like to get something to get around town, but the prices of cars are OUTRAGEOUS! haha.. That said, bicycles/mopeds/scooters - what am I looking at for a price? What is a reasonable price to pay for a pedal bike? Scooter? This would basically be something to get me to the grocery store and back. Any security precautions that I would want to take with such items?

Any help is appreciated!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Re: transportation, if you're moving to Cap Cana I would not recommend a motorcycle. The road to Cap Cana is a 2 lane speeding strip and pitched black at night. I try to avoid it as much as possible and I've got a car. Food for thought.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bring the XBox and any other electronics you can fit in your bags with you.