investment options with compound?

DRlife

Jun 6, 2012
hi all. Been living here in the DR since many years and finally decided to join this great board. Lots of great info here.
Recently I've started to look into possibilities to invest some money (around 30K US$), I'm interested in semi- / longterm investments (8-12 years). I know of the Banco Popular 7 year CDs (in Pesos) with 16% interest, but as far as I understand, this option does not let you compound your interest, but pays out your interest earned monthly or tri-semestral.
Does anybody know of any banks that offer investment accounts / CDs or similar where you can compound your interest and / or even let you make pay additional payments adding to your capital, while gaining at least 8% if in US-Dollars or at least 14% if in Pesos?

I'm aware about the risks of loss in value RD$/USD and the possible risks if investing with private investment houses (aka ANOECA). At the moment I'm just trying to research different options and won't make a decision before evaluating possible risk factor.

Does anybody know if maybe Santa Cruz, Progresso or any other Dominican bank offer 'good' investment options that allow you to compoumd interest?