volunteering!

chrissy8411

Jun 7, 2012
I will be traveling to DR in Aug. and want to do some volunteer work at an orphanage, maybe in the south or the north. Does anybody know of any? I'm also hoping that I can contact them directly instead of a organization! Anything would help!!!

Thanks!!!

Chrissy

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I will be traveling to DR in Aug. and want to do some volunteer work at an orphanage, maybe in the south or the north. Does anybody know of any? I'm also hoping that I can contact them directly instead of a organization! Anything would help!!!

Thanks!!!

Chrissy

Get in touch with Juanita via PM here on DR1, she can give you contact into for a girl's orphanage in Santo Domingo.

There's another orphanage in Santiago that a DR1er is involved with, hopefully he'll post those details for you too.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Emiliano Tardiff Shelter in Santiago has about 25 or 26 children, mostly girls and could even provide housing for you if you want.

You can get in touch with me via a PM or wait for SantiagueroDR chimes in, but he is out of country right now. I have a group headed by a DR1er, sbsuib, who will be here on the 24th. You can talk to her about the place. Just having you there might be a great experience for you and for them. Remember school starts in August.

HB

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Lots of sites to do volunteer missionary work that charge as much as $3000 for a mission trip.
Der Fish

It is like an all inclusive volunteer vacation with no all you can eat buffet. You can find plenty of families to help in the DR. You don't need to have something to put on your resume'.